Garmin 310xt Unexpected Spring Release on Band (Read 3914 times)

Donna,

Still going strong.  Another friend of mine is now using the same setup and loves it.

Cassie

mta: If the pin has made the hole in the plastic bigger, you will still want Garmin to replace the watch before getting the new setup.  The quick release attaches to the back of the watch with pin/hole.  What it does to remedy the original problem is take a large portion of pressure off of those little pins.

Hey ultracassie,

I just wanted to check to see how your garmin has held up with the quick release kit and watch band.  The band on my new Garmin 310XT also fell apart during a training run a week after I received it.  So, before I order the band and quick release kit I wanted to make sure yours was holding up and still in tact.

Thanks,

Donna

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Lynx

Right before my 50 mile, the pin on my 310xt watch band jumped into the grass while taking off my jacket. After some research, I've found others are having this problem. Be careful with the stress you put on your watch band! I called Garmin, and they are sending me a replacement band/pins set free o' charge.

More people with the same issue...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=5093

Had I known about this issue, I probably would have been a bit more careful taking off my jacket.  That probably would have kept it from happening.  I figured I'd pass along the info.

Cheers!

Cassie

Thanks for the warning! 

Quick question:

So the kit comes with the ability to hook it to a new watch band but does the kit also include enough parts to hook it to my bike as well?  I could see using it on my bike and then taking it off via the quick release and putting it on my wirist at the transiition for a Tri. 

However, spending $40 (two kits) is a little much to do this.  Also why all of th parts?

Garmin Quick Release Kit 310XT

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Yes this kit will fit on just about any watch band.  Yes, this kit will let you attach your watch to your bike without the band.  The kit has all the parts so you can attach it both to your wrist band and your bike.  Also, it has extra circular rubber attachments (large and small) so you can fit it properly to your bike based on what size you need.

You only need 1 kit to do both so don't buy two.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!