Treadmill: Sole vs. Smooth (Read 2078 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I am looking at these two brands, specifically the Sole F80 - Sole F80 Review 

and the Smooth 7.35 - Smooth 7.35 Review.

Both rate about the same on treadmilldoctor.com; Price is the same, too.

Curious is anyone has experience with the specific treadmills or the brands?

Thanks!

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Feeling the growl again

Not sure what specifically you want to know, but I have the Sole and have no complaints about it after 2300 miles in 2.5 years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

henryc

I am looking at these two brands, specifically the Sole F80 - Sole F80 Review 

and the Smooth 7.35 - Smooth 7.35 Review.

Both rate about the same on treadmilldoctor.com; Price is the same, too.

Curious is anyone has experience with the specific treadmills or the brands?

Thanks!

I've been thinking of both and if you decide to by direct from smooth, they have a promo code smooth100 which takes off $100 from the price.  I'm still trying to justify the price for my wife and daughter  to use it with me using it rarely.

AXes

I've had the Sole F80 for 5 months and no complaints. Looked at the Smooth, but liked that I could actually try out the Sole before buying.

Side Notes:  Almost went with the Sole F83 for the longer deck (I'm 6'2"), but the F80 has been plenty long. I got it at our local Dick's Sporting Goods, because when I asked them if they'd match an online price I had, they "found" a $100 coupon and threw in in-home delivery.  Setup wasn't bad.  Took me about 30 minutes.

Now that I'm thinking about it... one complaint.  The fan is useless.  But guessing that's true for most brands.  We use an old window fan angled up under the console.

Good luck!

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

I've had a sole for over a year and think it's a pretty good.  Seems reliable and durable, despite a couple of issues I've had, such as:

- when I first got it, the incline didn't work at all. Had to wait a week or so for a new incline unit to be installed.

- I've broken the bottom bolt on the incline motor. 

Other complaints:

- my model only displays MPH, not Pace (clearly the display wasn't designed by a runner)

- the cross bar that is about knee height seems unnecessary and in the way.

Love the fact that it goes to 15% incline, 12 MPH, and the speed/incline presets.

Nanorunner

I've had the Sole for just over a year now.  No complaints yet.  It does seem to be solidly built.
              HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Thanks everyone.

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)
                  I've had the Smooth 9.45ST for a 1-1/2 years no complaints great customer service.  I've had a couple issues and they were quick to fix them.  Both are good brands and I don't think you can go wrong with either. What sold me on the one I bought was the warranty.
                  HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I went with the Smooth 7.35.  Good company, good machine, good warranty, good price (even better with the coupon code noted above - thanks!).  Frankly may not be much difference in Sole and Smooth after all I read / heard.

Will share my experience after using for a bit.

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)