Disney (Read 775 times)

On On

How did you get there? SR, it appears that the start actually (all three of them) is at the part of Epcot closest to DD, although the Disney Marathon maps are not very clear. JB, taxi, that is what I was thinking. There should be shuttle service later in the day, when I am done. Map from hotel to the general area where the three starts are. I would hope that I would get more details about how to find the actual assigned start before the race...have I set my hopes too high?
    Your map is off slightly. If you look at where you end (B) you are stopping at EPCOT Center Drive. You will actually need to go all the way to the EPCOT parking lots which are north from there. As the road goes it comes out to 4.8 miles. Unless you can go right to your coral. I am not sure if you are dropping anything off or just plan to go right to the start. If you are going immediately to the start from you hotel then yes, walking the 1.8 miles up Buena Vista Drive might be best. If you need to go to the end to drop your bag or do anything else (porta potties, etc) then that is another couple miles away. You could continue to walk there just turn into the employee parking lot (for EPCOT) then head north to the general parking lot and staging area. If that is to much to think about or remember then take a Mears cab. There will be a ton of them right outside the Hilton and it will only take you 10 minutes or so from your hotel. Good Luck.
      I'm running this one as well, and I can tell you after speaking with a few different people at the resorts, they are at capacity for the weekend. The only available opening was a 1500 dollar a night suite in one of the resorts on the Boardwalk. I'm looking at staying at one of the dirt cheap Motel 6 type places. My hope was that I could get one within 2 miles of a resort, and then jog to the resort and take a shuttle. My reality is that I will probably have to get a Mears cab to take me. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this weekend; I get to pair the happiest place on earth with my first marathon. Exciting!

Gotta TRI

My wife and I are runnning the full as well as a friend of ours.
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Hail to The Victors!

If by 'resorts' you mean Mouse property, I can tell you from four years of Disney Marathon experience, it depends on where you stay. Several of the places... I know Port Orleans for sure... will fill. BUT... the weeks *after* the race are totally dead there. Not so much the weeks before. That's Christmas... and believe it or not, this can be a popular time at The Mouse.
          Yeah, I can only speak as to what my wife has been reading on the Disboards about the time around the race. (by weeks I meant the week before and the week after) I know that Disney has set up crazy deep discounts for extended vacations on their property for that time, so at one point they must not have been quite reaching expectations. Whether or not that's the case anymore, I don't know.

Queen of 3rd Place

Beer garden, EPCOT's "Germany", 2:00 Sunday. Big grin Arla

Ex runner

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

Anybody running Disney next month?
              Of course I'm running the Goofy this year! (although walking, limping, crawling all might be better descriptions.)

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...