Foot pod won't pair... (Read 431 times)

obiebyke

Hi all,

I got a foot pod (old style) for my 305. Put a new battery in. When I follow the directions, though, it won't pair. I go to general settings, accessories, foot pod, yes, and rescan (with foot pod turned on, yes). When I click rescan it backs up a menu, and the little foot icon still has a flashing X over it. What's going on?

Thanks!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

With the disclaimer that I've never tried it ...

Have you tried pairing it after turning the GPS off?  I'd searched and was unable to find out if the 305 would support/accept a foot pod, data from which it uses for distance/pace calculations, if it had the GPS on.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

obiebyke

Yup, tried it both ways. Hm. Maybe the x is a lie and it actually works. We shall see. Thanks Clive!

obiebyke

Got it to pair and took it for a spin. Wow, some kind of auto-pausing error, because I somehow only ran about a mile in 30 minutes. Confused Meh, I'll press the lap button next time so I have a rough distance idea in case. 

Were you running with a pronounced limp?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

obiebyke

Hahahaha! I hope not! (No.)