Which Mizuno Shoe??? (Read 632 times)

I have been running very happily in Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9's for over a year.  I have a pair of 10's and like them too.  I have gotten involved in pacing, and when I pace a race, I get a free pair of shoes from the shoe sponser. For my upcoming gig, that is Mizuno.

Which Mizuno shoe would be the closest to the Adrenaline in fit and feature.  I know that some people rotate the Wave Inspire with the Adrenaline line.  It appears that is is not quite as supportive, but also a bit more responsive and flexible.  Maybe a good tempo / race shoe if my "bulk miles" shoe is the Adrenaline???

Anyone have any insights?  Thanks.

"I aim to misbehave."

flatland mountaineer

The Alchemy's are the closest with the premium shoe the Nirvanas second. I ran in Nirvana's, Inspires and Adrenalines (Adrenalines in a B width). The inspires are too wide for me but I did like the shoe and they fixed a problem I had at the time. Nirvana's fit my narrow foot well and are a nice shoe.  Love my Elixars for a tempo shoe.

I like their shoe ratings.http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSMIZUNO.html

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Menace to Sobriety

When my daughter was running XC in college, she went back and forth from the Adrenalines to the Elixirs with no issues. Not sure if the women's version is any different than the men's other than size and width.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Swashbuckles

Swashbuckles by name....

I'd go for Ascends - fabulous trail running which gives good support for any tarmac sections as well..... I get on really well with them and had the Wave Inspires before (mild over-pronator).... but have turned to the Lunarglide side for road mileage!  Depends what you really feel comfortable in - if this is a one-off gesture then maybe try something a bit different?  Just a thought.

....The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the OTHER people.

Confessions of a Runaholic
          5km - 21.40 mins (Coventry Parkrun May 2010)
          10km - 43:50 (Oxford Town and Gown 10km May 2010)
          Half Mara - 1:36:14 (Tewkesbury Half May 2010)
          Marathon - 3:41:54 (Amsterdam Oct 2009)
            I'm an Inspire guy, but have also run in the Adrenalines.

I prefer Inspire over Adrenaline. Lighter, less bulky, and I get more miles out of them.

xor

Adrenaline is somewhere between Inspire and Alchemy.  Alchemy is further down the overpronation spectrum w/o being quite a motion control shoe. 

Nirvana is an interesting shoe.  It is really most like the Brooks Trance.  BOTH of these shoes are "Kayano Killers", meaning they are going after Asics Kayano's market: middle-of-the-road stability shoe aimed at heavier runners.

I wear Adrenalines and Trance.  I'm not a heavier runner, but I am tremendously hard on shoe soles because I twist when I push off and the Trance lasts me longer.  I used to race in Alchemys until the current model which does not work for me.  I have a pair of Nirvanas right now but I don't generally buy them.

Ascends are pretty good trail shoes and I like this idea a lot... if you are planning on some trail runs, consider getting a pair of these.

Otherwise, I'd go with Inspire or MAYBE Nirvana.  I'm really, really bummed about the latest alchemy.

Grab a Musha and go tear up some track workouts! In much the same way that you could grab the Ascends if you wanted a different shoe then you may already have, you could pick up the Musha and have something for faster stuff.