Calendar - Year drop down option? (Read 885 times)

Bike99

Do I look important?

I searched, but couldnt find if this had been answered in the forums.  I recall RA used to have a drop down option for the Years when looking at calendar.  Now there is a drop down for the month, but not year.  I go back often to previous years when comparing workouts or to 'see where I was in xxx year'.  Is this an option Eric?

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

an amazing likeness

You can type the year you want in the year field, upper right of the calendar, next to the month. Then click GO.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dennrunner

Of course, as Milktruck said, you can key in the year. But it's always seemed strange to me that RA has drop downs all over the place...but not in the calendar year location. Not complaining, though.

an amazing likeness

Direct entry date fields in the UI are about 10,000 times more effective than drop down lists...one of the great things about Eric's design work is that nearly every pick list field allows direct data entry.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dennrunner

Direct entry date fields in the UI are about 10,000 times more effective than drop down lists...one of the great things about Eric's design work is that nearly every pick list field allows direct data entry.

agreed.

The "month" menu offers twelve choices.  Overwhelmingly, I'd wager people manually keying in the year are selecting one of the previous two or three years.  In fact, I'm idly wondering if anyone on this site has a log entry older than twelve years.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Bike99

Do I look important?

Yup, I realized I could type the year in and hit GO.  The previous RA version did have previous years shown.  It didn't show a list from 2011 down to 1950 or anything, but any years that you had registered a workout in it would show.  I've logged on here since 06 so it was always super convenient to just hit the arrow and go down rather than click the box, move to keyboard, type in the year, go back and click.. when I do it quite often.  Not complaining as Eric does a wicked job of this site, was just hoping for that feature back again.

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

eric :)

The "month" menu offers twelve choices.  Overwhelmingly, I'd wager people manually keying in the year are selecting one of the previous two or three years.  In fact, I'm idly wondering if anyone on this site has a log entry older than twelve years.

To answer your idle wonder, yes, there is at least one person with a dozen, actually in his case, 2 dozen years worth of data on RA.

RA used to have a dropdown for the year.  If you have workouts outside of what's on the list, you can either patiently page through the months, or modify the url directly.  After multiple urgings from a local coach, I changed it to a textbox.  It was something simple to do although I acknowledged at the time that a combo box is probably a better solution.  Now that my JavaScript and CSS skillz are better, I will try to create another kind of control which should satisfy everyone.

I will try to create another kind of control which should satisfy everyone.

Foolishly optimistic. lol