Best Bib Number in a major race (Read 1379 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

My wife and I got our bib numbers for the Flying PIG on Sunday and mine is 65 and hers is 64. No way either of us deserves a number that high. I'll take it but anyone that associates that number with expected results is going to be disappointed. However, I will say that I finished 25th at my last marathon but then again that race only had 140 runners and this one will have over 5000 marathoners. So what is the lowest bib number or best bib number you have ever gotten in a big marathon. One over a thousand runners? Anyone higher than 64?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    Jill_B

I fly.

Well, it's the best bid number that I've ever gotten, but it was in a small marathon - 100 runners - #1. Smile

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've had bib # -1. That is NEGATIVE 1. That race lets you keep and reuse your bib number from year to year. Of course, that was a rinky dink marathon.

Why is it sideways?

I've had bib # -1. That is NEGATIVE 1. That race lets you keep and reuse your bib number from year to year. Of course, that was a rinky dink marathon.
          Dude! How did you convince the RD to let you do that?
            Well, it wasn't a marathon but I had bib #69 in a race with 11,000 participants. Proof is in my profile pic.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

jeffdonahue

I got bib #1 once but only because I actually think I was the first person to register online.
              mikeymike

1562 at Boston.

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Bib #1 at a local 5K - somewhere around 200 runners total. I have no idea how I got it, since I registered online about 5 days before the race.
                  rlemert

I want #665 - after all, I'm not ALL bad. Evil grin Shocked Big grin
                      Well, it's the best bid number that I've ever gotten, but it was in a small marathon - 100 runners - #1. Smile
                      +1, except it was a 10K. I did not win.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ben Running

Well, it wasn't a marathon but I had bib #69 in a race with 11,000 participants. Proof is in my profile pic.
                        That is always a good # Blush
                          Someone on the forums had #666...not sure who it was.
                          2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon
                          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Wow that is a lot of people who have gotten #1. I would kill for -1. that is a cool number. I like 665 too - that was very clever!
                              2011 Goals:
                            RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Would you run a race with a number of 666 or 69? Not sure. I was hoping a friend of mine would get 666 because we call him the Beast and it would have been perfect. However, I don't think he would have worn it.
                                2011 Goals:
                              Jill_B

I fly.

Show off.

Bring it on.