Rocken's WTHTFU South Mountain 10 mile report (or how to really make a cold/sinud/flu worse. (Read 775 times)

Nice job rocken. Too bad about the cold. Sorry we didn't get to meet, but it turns out that I was smart for bailing. Hope you're feeling better.
    Thanks!!! Hope those SF heal ASAP!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well that sounded like a lot of fun! Tongue You must've been really feeling like crap. Normally you crank out 10 milers in your sleep, so to run this and have it exhaust you like that really says a lot about how sick you were. But in true Pam fashion, you gutted it out. Smile No knee issues with the hill? Sounds like you are feeling better already. Take care of yourself.
      Fun lol I probably shouldn't have been out there running and I'm feeling guilty about exposing other people to my cold, however I really thought I was done with the fever. I knew the race was going to suck, but still really wanted to do it. I don't know how I plowed through the last half o fthe race cause I felt "dead" As far as knee issue's, I felt a TINY twinge on the outside of left knee after gettting home. Course after popping tylenol pm and crashing for the day it felt fine. I was so psyched the next morning that my legs felt great that instead of being smart and taking the day off or doing a recovery run I didn't. LOL so like me. Thanks Bob! You too!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I used to go to Lehigh, so I know what you mean Pam! But that sounded like an awesome race. Smile Hope you feel better tho, and congrats on the negative split and beating your last time. Way to htfu!!