>Technical Support>open ended reports not working
I've got a lot of reports that were created with "custom date range" selected, but not filled in, to simulate "all time". These reports worked up until very recently (within the last week). I'm not sure if there is a bug or if one of the recent performance related changes require I change how these are set up. An example of this is "All Tempo Runs".
The custom date range behavior has not changed. It requires that you enter at least one of the two date fields.
Sorry, not sure what you mean, I just created a report that does not have a date in either field and it allows me to continue. But, I'm actually not talking about the report creation, I'm talking about reports I've used for years that no longer return the same data (or, in some cases, any). It does seem you're saying I need to rewrite the reports, I can fake it with dates very far in the past/future.
Could you point me to a report that is not working properly so I can take a look? Thanks.
I first saw this earlier this week, as well. In particular, the "All Races" report, which I think was a default report and has always worked for me, now returns the empty set.
an amazing likeness
Looks to me like the behavior which has changed is in the date range selector:
Previous behavior = no dates entered (start or end) in the data range selector ==> this would yield results in the report/graph inclusive of all workout dates.
Current behavior = no dates entered (start or end) in the data range selector ==> no data is returned.
Solution is to include at least a start date or an end date in the date range selector, something far back in time will work (ie 1/1/1900), but the start date or end date can't be left blank in the current version of the log reporting.
I've done my best to live the right way. I get up every morning and go to work each day. (thru 3-29-19)
All Intervals is an example of one-it returns only February
All Long Runs has same issue
All Tempo Runs returns no data but I have no data for February
(MTA: while I'm a big fan of a lot of the features of RA, for me, the custom reports and near SQL like querying UI is far and away my favorite)
The custom field was never meant to be used without at least one date field. You found a bug that I inadvertently closed when I was working in that area recently. I was a little torn about reverting it. Since it has been around since 2000, I changed it back, for now.