Myrtle Beach Marathon Report 2/16/08 Long but worth the read! (Read 662 times)

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Posted by TKM Glad you have a recovery plan! Do you ever run on the ATT? Nice soft surface and very flat. Funny you ask that! I first noticed the ITB strain when I ran 10 miles on the ATT with my wife in January. The ATT is flat but it does have a bit of camber to it. I ran on the left side the whole time while my wife ran on the right. I think having my left foot downhill and my right foot uphill was what made the injury flair up that first time. I am doing Physical Therapy for the ITB strain now. It is helping but I will have to cut back on running over the next few weeks. Oh well, “A rest does the body good”.
    TKM

Posted by TKM Glad you have a recovery plan! Do you ever run on the ATT? Nice soft surface and very flat. Funny you ask that! I first noticed the ITB strain when I ran 10 miles on the ATT with my wife in January. The ATT is flat but it does have a bit of camber to it. I ran on the left side the whole time while my wife ran on the right. I think having my left foot downhill and my right foot uphill was what made the injury flair up that first time. I am doing Physical Therapy for the ITB strain now. It is helping but I will have to cut back on running over the next few weeks. Oh well, “A rest does the body good”.
      I haven't noticed much camber at the ATT.(Not unusual for me to switch sides or run in the middle when it's not crowded though!) But I totally agree that camber can really mess with your IT bands! Ouch. The rest will be good. Then you can get back to the spring races healthy and ready to go! p.s. You realise I am "bit" right?
      JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Sorry, I didn't realize that! I forgot what everyone is logging in as now since we all switched from cool runnings. You were looking strong out there when you passed me. It looked like you finished with a really strong time. Were you happy with your time?
        TKM

Sorry, I didn't realize that! I forgot what everyone is logging in as now since we all switched from cool runnings. You were looking strong out there when you passed me. It looked like you finished with a really strong time. Were you happy with your time?
          No probs! I was shooting for 3:15 (or 3:14:59 !), but I ran 3:16. So I missed my goal, but it's still a PR. So I am happy. I had no soreness, so I guess I should have run harder!