My garmin ran without me (Read 697 times)

Bugs

I uploaded my run today (18 miles thank you) and was surprised to see a run from Friday 4/9 because I did not run that day. The splits are really weird.. I don't run THAT slow. I did try and charge it Friday night and it got knocked off the charger and was dead Saturday morning (ergggg). I checked and the run is on my watch (not Erics bug like I thought at first. Weird, anybody else have this happen?

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

I've never had it start on its own, but often had it power up when it falls off the charger.  And I have accidentally left it running when I am not and it seems to average about 1-2 miles per hour.

MTA: that is one thing I liked about the 301, it could not fall off the charger.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

If it got knocked off the charger, and was close enough to a window to get a signal, that would explain it.  I have had mine log distance (due to the inherent plotting errors) while standing still or leaving it outside for decent periods...especially if the signal is bad.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Bugs

But why the intervals, let alone the uneven intervals? The time on it was 10:00 P.M. and no one was near it. I think I will leave it on and start it one night to see what it does.

Bugs

she runs like a girl

haha! Just the title of this thread alone is hilarious.

Perhaps ghosts like Garmins too.

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Get Lost :)

Whatcha need to do is check out the map, see where the Garmin went without you.