Because I'm a mileage ho... (Read 855 times)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

You're trying to catch me, aren't you...? Wink k
    Truthfully, my mom and I were having a race this month about who could log the most miles, and she has 110.6 right now and I have 104.something. The winner is going to buy the loser a new pair of shoes. The best part is that she lives in Hong Kong and her month is over! Plus, she flew on a plane on her 30th, which gave me essentially two extra days. She walks and I run,and it has been fun trying to catch her, which I am going to TODAY! Smile Ha ha ha I didn't realize that you have about the same miles as her. So I suppose I am right behind you too! Also, I have been on a mission to catch that bunny and may do it in the next few weeks or so. Happy running, Jilly modified to add: I did dump my training plans right out the window when my mom started logging more miles than me. I have two HM in May/June that I was working toward but the first goal was to pass my mom. Priorities, right?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Princess Cancer Pants

Go get that bunny! And beat your mama (that sounds so bad, doesn't it?)! Wink k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Thanks! I am feeling a tad guilty and may figure out a run to put me exactly in a tie with her, but my competitive edge may win out and I will run an extra mile for fun!
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
          Tune in later for the results - "disciprine?" Or retarded?
          waiting... hey, you might appreciatewww.engrish.com Tongue
          Jennifer mm#1231
            Vegas has "retarded" as the clear 3 - 1 favorite.
            Glad I took the over. FWIW, I probably would have done the same thing. I mean what's 4 measly miles? It's worth it for your confidence and sense of accomplishment if nothing else. Sometimes being mileage ho isn't such a bad thing.

Runners run.

Come Run With Us!

Yep. I guess I'm guilty too. My calves were killing me, I set a personal best mileage for March, and I'm even freakin' travelling for my job today.....and I still felt compelled to go and run another 5k on a hotel treadmill! Rest tomorrow and Monday, or it's coy-tans for me (Brooklyneese) - Tongue