Unable to download Forerunner305 Data (Read 450 times)

Ken2

I have been trying to download the data from my forerunner305 into Runningahead.

I have installed all the drivers and other things it says. I get the message that it is working fine.

I plug in my Garmin and nothing happens.

When I go to download from GPS, I get the instal message again.

I have the data on the Garmin center but it says I cannot download that because it is the wrong type file.

How do I make it so I can just plug in my Forerunner305 and download the data?

I am using Windows Vista and the latest version of Explorer.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have Garmin Communicator installed on your computer?  That's all I got.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ken2

How do I get the information from the Garmin Communicator to the Runningahead program?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How do I get the information from the Garmin Communicator to the Runningahead program?

The Communicator is basically a go-between.  If you have that plug-in installed you should be able to put your Garmin on the plugged-in cradle and then click on Upload GPS Data from your RA log.  There will be an upload button that will prompt RA to grab the info. from your Garmin.

~ Sarah Kay

Ken2

I will try all the installs again. Maybe I have been missing something. BTW. I never was returned to this program. It sort of just leaves me in the Garmin program.
            Ken2

The message still says Garmin is not connected even though it downloads to the Garmin center and to Sport Tracks when I turn that one on.

It seems to be the connection from the Garmin Forerunner305 to this program that is missing.

eric :)

Did you allow the Garmin Communicator to run on the import page?  There should be a yellow info bar that pops up right below the file menu.  You need to click it to allow the communicator to run.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...this sounds like a job for Eric.  He'll likely have a simple answer for you.  Perhaps it's a matter of restarting your browser or doing a soft reset on your Garmin.  Those always seem to be the fixes when my Garmin and RA don't get along.

~ Sarah Kay

Ken2

Apparently there are two places to download the communicator. The one is on the main Garmin page and says to download for Internet Explorer and the other is on the side bar which says to download for PC. I had been using the main one.

I tried the one on the side bar and things seem to be working now. It recognized my Garmin and downloaded everything. Now I have to figure out what I have.

Thanks for the help.

Ken AKA Raybrite