Shoe help (Read 848 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The problem with relying on cushioning is that it wears out so quickly.  My Brooks Beasts have felt good for about 80 miles, but soon quit providing the impact protection I need.

I look my best blurry!

Really? 80 Miles?  

I'm am trying to do more strength training.  I believe that being stronger and more flexible will be the best defense to the pounding.  Honestly, I have a pair of cushiony shoes in my rotation but I am not sure that is the answer.  

Mostly because I'm having some hip pain I've never had before.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd add in some workouts specifically targeted at working the hip muscles.  My DH and I use one called myrtle.  No idea why it's called that.  It's a series of exercises that work the different muscle groups in the hip area.  

My thought is that the hip pain could be due to weak muscles, not just your shoes and/or weight gain.

I'd add in some workouts specifically targeted at working the hip muscles.  My DH and I use one called myrtle.  No idea why it's called that.  It's a series of exercises that work the different muscle groups in the hip area.

View MYRTL hip exercise routine HERE.  (I use it, too, and my hips are better for it.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

jayvee33

View MYRTL hip exercise routine HERE.  (I use it, too, and my hips are better for it.)

Here's a link to the strength routine videos on the Nike site where you can also download PDF versions.

Coach Jay General Strength Videos

I think he said he named it Myrtl  because it rhymes with "girdle" and it is supposed to strengthen muscles in the hip girdle area.