Last Minute Tweaks (Read 829 times)

How did you do, makers? Did you kiss ass and take names? Cool Was it terribly hot weather?
      Was it terribly hot weather?
      Heh. You could say that. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/5d2a3bf495c249cfa1a381b12468b5e7/0 It sucks to not really know where my fitness level is for the marathon, but to PR in the ridiculous heat when most people missed goals by 30 minutes shows me promise.
      xor

Heh. You could say that. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/5d2a3bf495c249cfa1a381b12468b5e7/0 It sucks to not really know where my fitness level is for the marathon, but to PR in the ridiculous heat when most people missed goals by 30 minutes shows me promise.
        Well, you don't know how fast you could run a marathon under optimal conditions, maybe, but optimal conditions are sometimes hard to come by. A PR on a 80+ degree day is not just promise. It is evidence. You did really well. Chin up and happy honeymoon.

Well, you don't know how fast you could run a marathon under optimal conditions, maybe, but optimal conditions are sometimes hard to come by. A PR on a 80+ degree day is not just promise. It is evidence. You did really well. Chin up and happy honeymoon.
          Thanks Robert. I'm definitely not unhappy for a PR. I mean, a 7 minute PR is better than a 6 minute PR or no PR at all. Plus, how many people can say that they actually passed two of the elite Kenyans at mile 16...and the Kenyans were actually moving? Granted they were walking, talking, and laughing with one another, but I don't have to tell that part.
            Bravo, Makers! You did wonderfully, despite being dealt a bad hand with the heat...
              Bravo, Makers! You did wonderfully, despite being dealt a bad hand with the heat...
              Yeah. I'll take a 3:50 in spite of shooting for 3:27. Still got to get 40 minutes to BQ, but I think I'm actually in about 3:20-3:25 shape right now.