D'oh -- I jinxed myself! (Read 905 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just saying to someone yesterday that I have somehow managed to never fall while running, even though I am a major klutz. Heh, guess what I just did about a half mile into my run...? Hit an icy stretch on a downhill section of sidewalk and down-I-went. Only my pride got a bit bruised. Blush I kind of chuckled once I dusted the snow off and continued on. Guess the YakTrax would have been a good idea. There wasn't really any clear pavement on my run. Is it really not even Thanksgiving, yet...? ConfusedUndecided

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's good that you've gotten it out of your system. Now you're set up for a slip-free winter.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's good that you've gotten it out of your system. Now you're set up for a slip-free winter.
        Or it's like peeing after a few beers...perhaps I "broke the seal." Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Or it's like peeing after a few beers...perhaps I "broke the seal." Black eye
          I second thought, I think you're right. Good luck with that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I second thought, I think you're right. Good luck with that.
            I know...I should probably quit while I'm ahead and hang up the running shoes until at least May. Cry Yeah...right. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Poor Zoomy, want me to make up the couch for you here? It's 75 and slightly overcast. It was a perfect 50 and foggy at 6 am this morning.
              Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, 50 and foggy...that sounds heavenly! And no risk of me falling (unless I simply doof-out and trip over my own feet or a pinecone or something...). Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Member Since 2008

I did that last winter and have been battling hip and leg problems ever since.
                  theyapper

On the road again...

I did that last winter and have been battling hip and leg problems ever since.
                    Peeing after a few beers hurt your hip??!! Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Hey Zoom! The problem is you've been such a speedster! I've been driving to my favorite trail because I just know its days are numbered. What causes a few stumbles for me each year is ice chunks, with a light covering of snow. I can't see the chunk and boom I'm sitting on the sidewalk feeling very silly.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What causes a few stumbles for me each year is ice chunks, with a light covering of snow. I can't see the chunk and boom I'm sitting on the sidewalk feeling very silly.
                        I have had a LOT of close calls due to that stuff...the plows seem to kick those little things off. I'm amazed that I haven't sprained an ankle after planting a foot on one of those suckers.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

I have had a LOT of close calls due to that stuff...the plows seem to kick those little things off. I'm amazed that I haven't sprained an ankle after planting a foot on one of those suckers.
                          I think deep inside they are laughing at me when they knock me down. Not all bad having snow though, my kids thing they are getting ripped. They were able to ride bike today, apparently building snowmen would have been more fun.

Bugs

Insert witty title here

Hit an icy stretch on a downhill section of sidewalk and down-I-went.
                            At least you had a valid excuse for your fall. I would have gladly traded my metal pole incident for a patch of ice! Glad to hear your pride was all that was damaged.

ThomasRuns Blog
                            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Bugs

At least you had a valid excuse for your fall. I would have gladly traded my metal pole incident for a patch of ice!
                              Oh, that sounds really painful. You didn't stick your tongue on it did you?

Bugs

Insert witty title here

Oh, that sounds really painful. You didn't stick your tongue on it did you?
                                Ha! No that would have been better.. I stuck it into my leg and then thanks to Zoomy's advice I got a tetanus shot. At least the city replaced the sign that was missing in less than a week and my leg is 99% healed now.

ThomasRuns Blog
                                Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]