Timex Ironman Global GPS (Read 642 times)

KvnJns

Anyone have this watch? I am looking to upgrade from my Garmin 305. There is nothing wrong with my 305 except for the battery life so I guess that is what I am wondering about with the Timex. How long does it last between charges?  I have also looked into the new 310 XT which features longer battery life. I am wanting something like this for Ultra's. Thanks for your input.

Kevin

Feeling the growl again

My overall opinion on Timex products -- their lifetime will not nearly equal a Garmin product.  I continue to buy Timex Ironman watches because I like the functionality but I now toss them when the first batter goes dead as they never make it a month on the second battery before they get moisture in them or a button goes out.

I had the original pre-Garmin Timex GPS unit, when the GPS part was a separate box on your shoulder, and the watch part gave out in just over a year.  Conversely, I have had my Garmin 201 since sometime in early 2006, I believe, and aside from needed a hard reset about twice a year the past couple years it is still going strong and holding within an hour of the charge time it did when new.

Unless Timex is using a different manufacturer and design vendor entirely, I would be leery.  But I have no personal experience with this specific product.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/p/product-reviews.html

This guy does super detailed review of products...

KvnJns

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/p/product-reviews.html

This guy does super detailed review of products...

Excellent. That just solved that question and many more and you are correct that guy goes into a super detailed review. Thanks

Kevin