Salt Lake City (Read 684 times)

By Zionites, are you referring to folks who live there specifically, or are you calling out members regardless of location? I fit the latter category but not the former.
    Well, I was sort of thinking geographic location. But in the spirit of inclusion we can count you if you like. BTW I don't really think of Salt Lake or Utah as Zion. There seem to be many here that do though. Oh, I almost forgot about Zion National Park. Now that is Zion
    smc3720

I'm from Millville (that's just south of Logan)! It was great to see all the rain clear the haze out today. I've been waiting for awhile now... won't be doing any road races soon, but I might run the Top of Utah Marathon this year. I'll just have to see how track season goes.
      I ran it last year, great race. Well supported. A good one to do for your first race. I was my first marathon.
      hamm

I'm in Ogden, but I try to hit a few of the SLC 5ks. Zion is amazing (the national park, not the other thing).
        run4fun8910

I just heard good things today about the Moab Half Marathon. From what I understand if you run the 10k in the fall you can run the half marathon in the spring. Otherwise you have to put in for a lottery. Has anyone ran either the 10k or the half?
          Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
          hamm

I just heard good things today about the Moab Half Marathon. From what I understand if you run the 10k in the fall you can run the half marathon in the spring. Otherwise you have to put in for a lottery.
            I believe you can run the "other half" in Oct or the 10k in Dec to bypass the lottery. I might do one of those this year, because I can't seem to make the lottery. It seems like a cool race though. I've been down there for it twice. Now I just need to run it.
              I ran the half last year, it was the best race I have ever done. I will again be running on march 8th and very much looking forward to it. I think you need to be one of the first 100 to register for the winter sun 10k to get the free pass on the lottery. Btw, I am hoping to get somewhat of a Utah scene going for all of us Utah RA's I have set up a group call the Runnin' Utes http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Runnin_utes/ There will probably not be much activity there at first, but please join. I think it will be very nice to have a local community of RA users Kenny
              Sulli42

Has anyone ran either the 10k or the half?
                I've run them both. The 10k isn't certified, and it's kind of a strange course, weaving down through the town of Moab, lots of turns. But it's fast and relatively fun. I think there were about 350-400 people running it. Like Ken said if you are one of the first 100 to register, you are guaranteed a spot in the Canyonlands HM, which is USATF certified. I have them both mapped out in RA if anyone is interested in the elevation profiles.
                  So excited to see this! I'm new to these forums and the SLC 5k was the reason I started the CT5K program and running. Well, a dare from my brother was the real reason, but now I'm hooked Wink

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Bump for the SLC. Also, there is a dearth of people in Kenny's group. Hint, hint. Big grin I am curious about this half in Moab. Having mountain biked there some (but never run), I'm not sure I understand the appeal. What is it that makes it fun? Is it the Moab red rock walls? The staff? Is it a fun route to run?

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Sulli42

The people and the location make it fun. It is well organized too.
                      kerouacsl

This will be my second year at the Salt Lake event. However, I will be running in the half instead of the full. I am going to San Diego for the Rock 'N' Roll marathon in June. I still love the Salt Lake venue and the charity I ran with: Hometown Heroes, so I decided to participate but on a smaller scale. I am still new to the whole running thing and as much as I enjoy it I can only participate in a maximum of two marathons per year.

Wally & Leela

From Kaysville here. I'll be doing the Canyonlands 5 mile race (Moab) this Saturday and I'm doing the SLC half on the 19th of April. My 1st half.... I'm nervous....but training is going pretty well to this point. Can't wait for Moab this weekend Cool

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius