Nerd Alert!: Pace Calculators (Read 1150 times)

srlopez: when wikipedia doesn't cover the topic. Go to the master.
      He's making a reference to the fact that you are not merely "Jim", but in fact you are Jim2. As if you are perhaps the sequel to Jim.
      Thanks for the assist! Wink
      “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz
      xor

srlopez: when wikipedia doesn't cover the topic. Go to the master.
        Yes. My parents are so proud.

Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive! He's making a reference to the fact that you are not merely "Jim", but in fact you are Jim2. As if you are perhaps the sequel to Jim. One of the more infamous sequels of all time is infamous not for the movie itself, but simply because of its name. Seriously. And that movie? Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo
          Aaaaah. Thanks, srlopez. As a 70-year old, the only "jive" I understand is of the Louis Armstrong variety. Wink
          xor

I can also scat, if that helps. (and yes, there are two different meanings intended. shabop boom bitty bitty)

jim2 and Andre_Media , Thanks ... that HM to Marathon pace study was awesome. Funny thing is while on 3 mile walk at lunch today I was thinking over the very thing. I am running a half this Saturday and have marathon in 6 weeks and as a mid packer shooting for 1:55 range, which as you notice in article would just put me close enough to 4:00:00 marathon to try to go sub 4:00?? Figured me just second guessing or maybe wanting to play it safe, but did I want to plan marathon on best case scenario?? Your article proves prbably not. We will see how the halfd goes, but thinking more to be conservative is the way to go....Its that darn 3 vs 4 --- 3:59:00 vs 4:04:00 is still just 5 minutes I guess but sounds a lot more than 3:54:00 vs 3:59:00. Thanks again.
              Buckeye, If you race (and I mean race) that half and get 1:55,, I would say two things: 1. Great race, keep it up 2. Be real careful about trying to go sub 4:00 in six weeks based on your current mileage. As someone said earlier,, the plug-em in predictors are probably most useful to those who really dont need them. You (like I) without lots of experience at 26.2 need a more realistic pace range for modest mileage guys/gals who want to do their best. Thats why I started to swirl those numbers together in the first place. Good Luck