Long run percentage (Read 1101 times)

I love to run. I run 3 times a week... I have no interest in racing... My body handles 25 to 30 miles a week, very nicely ... I want to play in that range.
    So why are you concerned about increasing your "long run" mileage? Is there something (or some training effect) you're trying to accomplish with it?
    invisible

Then why are you reading Jack Daniels and worrying about your long run? Just run how much you feel like running.
      Are only people that race allowed to read Jack Daniels? Could you point out where you saw 'worry'?
      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
      invisible

Experiment. If it works, you'll know. If it doesn't, you'll know. --Jimmy
        Indeed, I will. I always like to check out the experience of others, though.
        invisible

So why are you concerned about increasing your "long run" mileage? Is there something (or some training effect) you're trying to accomplish with it?
          Ummm...I like long runs. Smile I like not being injured.

I'd like to increase my long run distance while keeping my weekly mileage the same, by of course, reducing the distance of the other runs.
            If that is what is what you would like to do; then give it a shot. Your running is all about you. Regardless of what you want to try or how crazy it seems, you will always find someone out there who has done it and would recommend it. You will also find people who might recommend something else based on their own experiences. Do what you want. If it doesn't work, change it.
            Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
            invisible

Okey-dokey, slosh. Big grin I'll be consolidating my 10-8-6 for a while longer. Don't tell anyone, but that's Jack Daniels advice (and it's good advice), before I go to 12-8-4 or 12-6-6. After that's consolidated, I'll try 14----etc. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Cool