Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

spinach

John

Good luck.  I am hoping to hear good news this weekend.  Most of all:

Have Fun

John --

Well put. And best of luck.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I

http://www.northcoast24.org/

I am 25# heavier than when I ran 147.4 miles in 24 hours June 6-7, so I really do not expect much from this race ... but it will be good way to gain experience for 24 hour racing.  A lot of 24 hour Big Dogs are at this race.

It is the US National Champs isn't it DB?  Even an out of shape DB will perform well.  I believe that our very own DoppleBock is currently ranked No 1 in the US - but, as he says, don't expect another 147 from his this time... he is saving that for May next year..... Wink

Good luck John, you have trained brilliantly for this.  The conditions sound good so it's just a case of going out there and enjoying it!  I look forward to the usual high quality RR.

Good luck also to Running at Sixty, as well as Jim & Ken in the half at Cowtown - that PR is shaking in it's boots I reckon Ken....

Oh & good luck for your 24hr race DB.
            DoppleBock

Weather forecast for Cleveland 48-60 degrees (For the 24 hours) Rain and 17 Mph winds - Perfect weather for a Clydesdale !  Not so much for all those stallions

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good luck to you John!

You have some solid race experience and times.

Looking forward to your always entertaining RR's!

Go DB!

DLJ

I'm also confident I'm now old enough and wise enough to pace it sensibly and confident I won't quit when the going gets tough.

John

John,

If you need to be old and wise for this sub 3 hour attempt I am in trouble. The training log looks fantasic, the lead-up races have been unbelievably good with multiple PR's, the marathon I am sure you will take in your stride. Here's hoping you have the perfect race and wishing you the best of luck in your marathon attempt.

Jim, Ken and runningatsixty good luck in your races at Cowtown as well. I am sure you will do great.

DB - 24 hours sounds like a nightmare as I ponder my first marathon. Hope that you have a great race and get the kilometres you need

Dwane

Hi everyone, glad to see this thread is still going strong. I'm still listed on there. I fell off the serious training wagon sometime in December (see my log for the exact day, I got sick and very busy). I trained halfway for my March marathon (3:23) and then halfway until the start of September. You can take my name off that list on the first page and add it, if you'd like, to the bottom. I'll be running Seoul again in March 2010. I'm hoping for about a 2:50 (my best half is 1:21).

Good luck guys this weekend.

OK, I know some of us are running Chicago on the 11th. A bunch of us in the sub-3 thread over on RW (sorry I cross post) have made a team up for the team competition. We have eight members, but one had to drop out due to medical reasons, so we are down to seven. We can have up to 10, so that would give us three spots...

Look here for info...

http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/Chicago_Marathon/runner_information/index.aspx?id=5651

I would need to know before 5pm tomorrow..... We are signed up in the male open Blue Division. There's no way in hell we'd place in the Red division.

TMorin

E_rainrun's Red womens team may win by default if no other teams sign up.

hehehe... yikes! That would be cool to win womens division... even if it is by default.

E_rainrun's Red womens team may win by default if no other teams sign up.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

Add me to the list.  2:57:01, Lakefront Marathon, Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1fdef557bb47e7a6cfc667bde2d423/workouts/ed4f4cb329f3438c957d4caaba07f806

kcam

Congrats, flatfooter.  Nice pacing and a great result!  Hey, I wouldn't mind seein the map of Lakefront -  make your map (of the race) public - looks like mile 24 had a bit of a elevation drop?  It was a fast mile.  Again, big congratulations on sub-3. 

Add me to the list.  2:57:01, Lakefront Marathon, Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1fdef557bb47e7a6cfc667bde2d423/workouts/ed4f4cb329f3438c957d4caaba07f806

Congratulations, flatfooter, on smashing through the barrier. Super job on the pacing. Did you change your handle from "flovesparko?" I couldn't find your name on "Hopefuls" but added you to Graduates list. 

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33