Importing runs (Read 680 times)

Eric, I just got a Forerunner 201 and I love being able to import my runs into their Trainingcenter Software. The problems is I can't add anything manually. This site is so great I would like to use it for everything, without re-keying my runs from outdoors when I use the watch. Any chance of being able to upload data from the files I can export from that software?
    When I started running I thought people would admire me for it, then I realized most of them think I am crazy...and that makes me run harder.

You'll ruin your knees!

"The problems is I can't add anything manually" ...dang, the public school system is really failing us now! Undecided Clowning around Big grin Interesting post, Bryan, looking forward to just how far Eric will take this! I'm beginning to see the angle now... ...homegrown running log software purchased by Garmin for MILLION$! BTW Bryan, the pic you posted made me do a double take, cause it looked like you were wearing a bra on your head! Surprised Take care, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Guess I should ask if he can add a grammar check for this portion of the site... ...Trainingcenter seems to be just a marketing tool...not a real training tool in that it is limited to activities you can do with the watch... ...hopefully Eric can help me "stick it to the man" and not use their software at all... thanks for the reply. I'll follow up on the picture issue...the photos with a bra on my head I usually post on a completely different kind of site...(just joking)
        When I started running I thought people would admire me for it, then I realized most of them think I am crazy...and that makes me run harder.
        eric :)

Hi guys, Funny how you brought this up. I've been thinking about it for the past several weeks, when I'm not actively working on the site. I have a fairly good idea about where I want to go with this feature. With the Garmin Forerunner becoming ever more popular, I think this feature will greatly benefit the running community. That said, I don't have a time frame for getting to it because I have two major features lined up right now. I like to get to it soon (the next few months). One way you can help is send me some (a dozen or so) of your files so I can have some test data. I don't own a Forerunner and I'm not planning to get one. Lynn: how have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything's going well with your running. Your incredible endurance is inspiring all of us! eric Smile
            Eric, That's good to hear. I would be happy to send you 6 to 12 files to work with. Just let me know how to get them to you. Like I said I just got it so it will take me a couple of weeks to get them to you with enough data to make a difference. I just want to say again, as a new runner, this is a great resource for me. I can only imagine where it is headed based on what I have read about in the forums. Keep up the great work. Bryan

You'll ruin your knees!

Hi Eric! You've been getting so much praise from others, I've tried to keep quiet to help keep you from getting the big head! (big head icon here) Tight lipped 8 Ball Things are going well. A bit of "down" time after the 100 miler in Feb, then giving something back by volunteering for my club's race in March (half mary, mary/50 miler run concurrently). Have a 50 miler planned in 2 weeks...running with the guy I am pacing at Western States in June. Seriously, you're doing an awesome with this site. I see posts on another free log site recommending Running Ahead to those who are looking for more than the basics...keep it up! Heck, if you make this compatible for the Forerunner, I might just have to get one! Lynn Bryan, glad you're OK with my goofy sense of humor, I almost didn't respond to your post for fear you would not be one of those who took kindly to knuckleheads like me poking fun! Take care, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)