Planning Ahead: WDW Marathon (Read 449 times)

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

This January will be my 2nd WDW Marathon, but last time I stayed at an All-Star resort and took the bus to and from the startline. This time I will be staying at the Boardwalk Resort, which is just a short walk through EPCOT to the start area. Does anyone know if Disney allows you to walk through EPCOT prior to the race to get to the start line? or do they make you take the bus? And what about after the race?

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

Gotta TRI

I cannot answer your questions, but can say SEE YA THERE! This will be my first. I'll be staying at my timeshare ( Marriott Horizons) on Westwood. People I've talked to say it's a great time, I can't wait.
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
        It'll be my 2nd as well. My family wants me to keep doing them so they have a reason to go every year. Big grin I'm not crazy enough for the Goofy....yet. I guess I don't have the answers but I would assume that they would make you take the bus.

50 halfs by age 50

Nope, EPCOT won't be open yet when you need to walk through for the start. You'll have to take the bus. I always recommend taking the early bus...I forgot my chip the first year and had to go back to my room. Blush You will be able to walk through to get back to Boardwalk, but only if you have a park ticket. I'll be doing the half but we usually cheer on the folks doing the full. We hang out around Yacht and Beach Club. This will be my 4th year at WDW...2 halfs, 1 full.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

popcorn

I did the half last year... and contemplating the full. I need a race on the calendar to keep me a focus goal. It would be my first, although I did 3 HM last year. Problem is that I've slacked off on my mileage in the last few months with the move and getting ready for the new job so I'd really have to stick with the program. Like I said, I'm only contemplating. If it fills before I decide, no big loss. I live about 30 minutes from Disney, so I would just drive from home.
            sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

Thanks for the replies. I was just desperately looking for a way not to have to wake up at 3AM two days in a row (on vacation even!) It also means I'll need to take my pass with me during the race, so I can walk back through EPCOT.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

Vacation is the only time I could wake up at 3AM.

Queen of 3rd Place

If you havn't already, you might want to check out the Disney Running site and forum, tons of good info there: www.disneyrunning.com Arla

Ex runner