Now with Linux Support! (Read 3066 times)

Ruler of one

Timefactor, your setup is working, mine has been flaky for a month. I'm runnning Ubuntu 9.10 Firefox 3.6.13. Forerunner305 Software Version 2.80? I know Eric is working on this...

peeka-boo!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I have had some issues here and there, but mostly things work. I have had a couple of uploads that never seemed to show up. Typically when the Garmin isn't recognized, I refresh the page, reconnect the garmin, restart the browser, and as a last resort restart the computer.

Two Feet Under

Timefactor, your setup is working, mine has been flaky for a month. I'm runnning Ubuntu 9.10 Firefox 3.6.13. Forerunner305 Software Version 2.80? I know Eric is working on this...

Mike, I've had one instance of the uploader stuck on "...scanning 90%" (or a message to that effect). The process went to completion after I restarted the browser and tried again. Otherwise, it's been perfect for 15 runs now (knocks on wood).

Could you run "lsusb" from the command to see what shows up? I get:

Bus 005 Device 017: ID 091e:0003 Garmin International GPSmap (various models)

among the expected listings. I added an entry for Garmin in /etc/udev/rules.d when I was fiddling with GPSBabel, maybe that's made a difference, but I'm just guessing.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ruler of one

Yes, it is there;

Bus 006 Device 006: ID 091e:0003 Garmin International GPSmap (various models)

and I can pull runs via GPSBabel minus heart rate no problem.

That reminds  me when I first got the 305 and I was playing with Linux work arounds, the Windows based Garmin software was troubled by my affair with the Linux box. In particular upload of a route, which I tried again recently for a hike. Hmm, let me see if a purge can be attained...

spynexes

Make sure you have the user agent switched to the Garmin Fake User Agent.

Since 3rd Jan 2011 and version 0.2.7 of the plugin switching the User Agent is no longer necessary. See history.

The author will happily add more devices when he gets hold of those devices to test and implement them into the plugin.

So if you are having trouble getting things to work try install garmin-forerunner-tools. Then unplug your garmin if it was still plugged in, plug it back in and start the browser.

Hangin' with Hal!

FYI -

If anyone is running a Redhat system, I'm going to try and put together an RPM package.  Let me know if you're interested.