Lightweight jackets (Read 930 times)

I need to buy a running jacket, and in this months issue of Runner's World they have chosen the Adidas Adistar as the editor's choice. Has anybody tried it? Is it any good? It's quite expensive (£85, ~$160), but if it is breathable enough I don't care spending that much... Any feedback? Smile
    PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
      I don't have experience with that jacket, but I have a couple of lightweight shells I use for running/biking/hiking and if you want a material that is lightweight, packs very small, repels water and is breathable, I like Gortex Paclite. Good materials can be pricey, but internet sales on last year's models can yield some good deals, as can eBay: linky Dunno if that helps. Hopefully, someone with direct experience with the Adistar will reply.
      johnnfrankfort

pearl izumi makes a good one. but the best i have used for cycling is made by gore. it works all the way down to around 20...
        goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
        Nev

I dont think you should be paying that much unless it has been updated - I think start fitness do them for about half that price! Regards Nev
          Sonia04

No reason provided