Can't reply using Google Chrome (Read 111 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Works for me.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Cleared cache & cookies, and behavior is the same. The text area is not active to begin with, and can be activated only in the top line of the area.

Same

Chromium 57.0.2987.98 (Developer Build) (64-bit)
      Revision a6a06b78087c9fdb4b12fe0ac1b87fdc10179f8b
      OS Linux
      JavaScript V8 5.7.492.63
      Flash (Disabled)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I had to click the source control button "<>" and type a few letters before clicking "Ok" to activate typing in the WYSIWYG editor in Chrome

Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It was only by accident I figured out if I click bold, I can get a cursor in the text window. Then I click bold off and write my post. I've been having issues since the weekend.

(Google Chrome and Windows 8.1 here)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

kcam

I'm an Opera user as well as Chrome and the same problem also exists with Opera.  I can also click on the first line to get focus in the text box,   No where else in the text box will do it.

runmichigan

I can click anywhere in the textbox and start typing to respond when using Internet Explorer.  However, I must click in the very first row of the textbox right below the Bold button to be able to type my response when using Chrome.  This issue with Chrome does not matter what OS I am working with (Windows 7, Windows 10, or IOS).

Zelanie

I just started noticing this issue recently, although maybe I have just been too quiet on the forums to notice if I had it before?

I have found that if I hit the tab button, the cursor moves into the text box and I can reply normally.  Also, the issue doesn't occur when I am replying with a quote box already in the text box.

Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133

Windows 10 Home

eric :)

Interesting.  I upgraded to the latest WYSIWYG editor and that seemed to have worked.  And now I see that it stopped working again.  From the color scheme, it looks like it's the older version of the editor as well.  I'll look into it.  In the mean time, clicking on the first line where the text should go would work.

Mostly harmless

Interesting.  I upgraded to the latest WYSIWYG editor and that seemed to have worked.  And now I see that it stopped working again.  From the color scheme, it looks like it's the older version of the editor as well.  I'll look into it.  In the mean time, clicking on the first line where the text should go would work.

I use the "source code" button and type my post in there.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

paulski66

miscreant

I'm having the same problem, but only starting in the last few days.

When I load the form to try to reply, that little spinning icon (i.e., the page loading thing) just keeps spinning and spinning. It still hasn't stopped. Though clicking the B (bold) seems to have worked.

Windows 10 HOME, Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133

ETA: None of the RunningAhead pages ever seem to stop loading. Is this some sort of jQuery thing?

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

eric :)

Hi all,

I erroneously copied the latest editor package to the wrong directory and it was never deployed.  I have fixed the problem and deployed it.  For most of you, your browser should automatically load the latest.  If don't see a flat style toolbar, then you still have the older version.  Please reload the page to load it.  Thank you for your patience!

eric Smile

Zelanie

Hi all,

I erroneously copied the latest editor package to the wrong directory and it was never deployed.  I have fixed the problem and deployed it.  For most of you, your browser should automatically load the latest.  If don't see a flat style toolbar, then you still have the older version.  Please reload the page to load it.  Thank you for your patience!

eric Smile

Thanks, Eric!  It worked for me after a ctrl-F5 reload.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yep, good here on Chromium Version 53.0.2785.143 on Ubuntu!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It's all good, I'll just type everything in bold from now on.

Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) on macOS Sierra 10.12.4

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √