First Marathon? (Read 345 times)

Track23XC

I am thinking about running my first marathon on April 5th. Does anyone have any tips or even a training schedule that could prepare me for a race that day? I was training all last year and ended up injured and could not compete in any marathons. I have been running but not as heavy as I was because I dont want to reinjure myself. I am looking for a good plan that won't necessarily kill me (injury wise). Can anyone help?
      You could use the search button and read any of a number of threads that ask the exact same thing.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Track23XC

I suppose my main concern is that most plans want you to train anywhere from 16-20 weeks, I will only be working on 12 and I was wondering if that is acceptable.

Runner

If you have a log make it public and let people see what your training looks like right now. Then people will be able to give you better advice. You're gonna get treated like a noob until you do.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler