PLEASE! : Post Your Top 10 Songs On Your Running Playlist! All Genres Welcome! (Read 3573 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Fuck you: Cee Lo Green

I've considered putting together a playlist of f-bomb songs...I could have that Cee Lo song, P!nk's "F*ckin' Perfect," Lily Allen's "Fuck You," and Peaches' "Fuck The Pain Away."  I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I personally own.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Peaches' "Fuck The Pain Away." 

Poor Herb.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Poor Herb.

Maybe he's the pain...perhaps he'd like it.  Hmmm...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I only have one suggestion... Rush - Marathon

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

• Dvorak - Cello Concerto in B Minor, op. 104
              • Saint-Saens - Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, Op. 33
              • Albinoni Concerto a cinque for 2 Oboes, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Continuo in C, Op.9, No.9
              • Jan Bach Dionysia
              • Bach Sonatas and partitas for solo violin

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Matt_B

Here's my current 10k distance playlist

Photobucket

This is a playlist of songs that are 90 or 180 BPM. I run with this one to help keep me turning over my legs at 180 steps per minute. 

Photobucket

Matt_B

Maybe you can read this one!

Photobucket

I only have one suggestion... Rush - Marathon

I've got you covered back on page 2.  Great great song.

Slice

I could go on forever...I love music. Here are a couple of my current favorites I didn't already see listed:

Body Movin' - Beastie Boys

Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band

Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks

Pretty much anything by Hole

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

Hate Myself for Loving You - Joan Jett

Bulletproof - La Roux

Airstream Driver - Gomez

One More - Superchick (this one is about running)

The Distance - Cake

Everything's Magic - Angels & Airwaves

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Single Ladies - Beyonce

Get Me Bodied - Beyonce

Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida

Born Too Slow - The Crystal Method

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

an amazing likeness

Once again, a music thread reminds me that I am old.

The good side of this is that I can try out some new stuff that I'm currently saying "who???" about.  Which is quite a bit of this thread.

I hear ya brother.  On page 2, just to take sample, of all the listed songs, I counted 9 that I was certain I knew.  I'd probably recognize a few more when I heard them....so lets call it an even dozen.  Yikes!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Fuck you: Cee Lo Green

Heh, this song got Grammy noms both for Song of the Year and Record of the Year.  Can't wait to see that performance.

Let's just clarify now:

• Record of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer, and/or mixer for that song. In this sense, "record" means a recording of one song, not the composition or an album of songs. Often, the nominees and winners of this song represent the most successful songs of the year.  The name derives from the days when singles were "records" made of vinyl that you "played" on a "record player", spinning at 45rpm.
                          • Song of the Year is also awarded for a single or individual track, but the recipient of this award is the songwriter who actually created the song in the first place. Thus, "song" in this context means the song as written, not its recording.
                          • Album of the Year is awarded for a whole album, and the award is presented to the artist, producer, recording engineer, and mastering engineer for that album. So, in this context, "album" means a recorded collection of songs (a multi-track LP, CD, or download package), not the individual songs or their compositions.  You know, those 12 other tracks that you didn't download.  Crappiest winner of this in my lifetime was the soundtrack to The Bodyguard.  WTF?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The shirtless wonder

I hear ya brother.  On page 2, just to take sample, of all the listed songs, I counted 9 that I was certain I knew.  I'd probably recognize a few more when I heard them....so lets call it an even dozen.  Yikes!

It's not that you are old.  It's that music distribution is different now.  It's easy now to find "niche" music.  I've discovered bands that I can't buy the music for in the states (without spending $40 for an import CD). 

The shirtless wonder

I've considered putting together a playlist of f-bomb songs...I could have that Cee Lo song, P!nk's "F*ckin' Perfect," Lily Allen's "Fuck You," and Peaches' "Fuck The Pain Away."  I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I personally own.

Dope's "Die MF Die" can be added to this list.

Prince of Fatness

I thought that iPods were bad.

Not at it at all.