misc update 5 (Read 3032 times)

eric :)

Howdy all! Here's what the latest update includes: 1. added default locale for maps. You can now set the map to default to your street, city, or country instead of the generic location. Go to Options / Locale Settings to set it. Right now, you have to pan to the location manually. I didn't have time to let you pan to a location by typing in a city. I'll do that later. 2. fixed profile weight issue. You need to re-enter your weight in the profile again. 3. add support for friendlier map URLs. Instead of the cryptic stuff, it would look something like: http://www.runningahead.com/maps/{map_id}. You should see them in the appropriate map pages. 4. added displaying race result overall and group placement as a percentage 5. display group member's weekly mileage 6. display group activity summary since last log on on your groups list 7. allow group owners to assign admin roles to group users. Group admins have the same privileges as owners, except the ability to give admin privileges to other users. 8. added group level log access mode. Up to now, you can only set your log to be public or private. Now there's a new mode that lets you allow your log to be viewable by members in your groups. To set it, go to Options / My Log Preferences. I haven't tested this stuff as well as I should, because they contained database changes. Let me know if anything's not working. Enjoy! eric Smile
    Wingz

Professional Noob

6. display group activity summary since last log on on your groups list
      I like! I really like! I'm wondering if it can be set to show "no new activity since" in the user's time zone... since it told me there was new activity in a group since 1 am-ish and it's 9:40 pm-ish right now... Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Howdy all! Here's what the latest update includes:
        [snip] Y'all, this fella never stops! He's a programming fool! Kind of like that Energizer bunny... Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome, awesome work, Eric! VERY useful things, thanks a TON! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This is way cool - inspired me to get out and run today cause I didn't want to be the slacker in our group! Thanks Eric!!
            Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is way cool - inspired me to get out and run today cause I didn't want to be the slacker in our group!
              Ha, healthy competition! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mshive

Can you add a way to enter in rollerblading workouts?

I'm wondering if it can be set to show "no new activity since" in the user's time zone... since it told me there was new activity in a group since 1 am-ish and it's 9:40 pm-ish right now...
                  I uploaded the fix. It should be displaying in the local time zone now.

Can you add a way to enter in rollerblading workouts?
                    mshive, Here's a thread that talked about what you want to do: http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=e76260abbdf74a03890292ccc9650669
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

I uploaded the fix. It should be displaying in the local time zone now.
                      Thanks! You're the best!

Awesome. Thank you!
                        paul leverett

COULD A 'RECORD RUN' ALARM BE ADDED FOR EACH ROUTE AS I AM TRYING TO BEAT TIMES TO GET FITTER

COULD A 'RECORD RUN' ALARM BE ADDED FOR EACH ROUTE AS I AM TRYING TO BEAT TIMES TO GET FITTER
                            Paul, I'll add it to my things to do. It'll take a while though because I have a very long list of requests. By the way, where should this "alarm" be placed? eric Smile
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks Eric, great work as always. Is there any way to make the map url have an alternate short name so that the url is even smaller?

6. display group activity summary since last log on on your groups list
                                I just uploaded a change that tracks the group changes more accurately. I forgot to mention that activity is defined as new posts to the group forum and new members joining the group.