Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Docket_Rocket

I finally got my Sayonaras last Sunday and did two runs in them this week.  My feet are narrow but I was still able to buy my pair true to size.

I am OK with the shoe.  They just do not feel like the Elixirs (and I assume that is fine too).  Unfortunately, the way the Elixirs make my feet feel during marathons was not replicated by running 18 miles with the Sayonaras, sigh.  Not happy they are discontinuing the Elixirs but I'll survive with the Sayonaras.

I was running fast without trying, so there is that. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Before Seth gets a heart attack, I want to clarify that I like them; just not as much as I like the Elixirs.  I'll live, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Before Seth gets a heart attack, I want to clarify that I like them; just not as much as I like the Elixirs.  I'll live, though.

Hahaha!  No need for the defibrillators I guess Big grin

I love the Elixir, it's been my shoe since before I joined Mizuno, and when the footwear development team told me in January that the Elixir was going away I needed some time to myself to grieve.   That being said... I've been running in Sayonara for about 2 months now, alternating 2 different pairs... and after about a week of a transition, I have not laced up my Elixirs since.

It's for sure a different ride, but as you say.... you were running fast without trying.  So mission accomplished haha.

Hope you keep hammering some miles in Sayonara and rotate them with your Elixir.  You can still find plenty of Elixirs available up until Jan 2014...

---------

Docket_Rocket

Haha!  Glad I didn't have to perform any emergency procedures on you!

I'll keep using them planning on wearing them for Chicago.  Like you said, I need time to grieve.  I do have 7 pairs of Elixirs in rotation and boxes, so I can survive for a while.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Haha!  Glad I didn't have to perform any emergency procedures on you!

I'll keep using them planning on wearing them for Chicago.  Like you said, I need time to grieve.  I do have 7 pairs of Elixirs in rotation and boxes, so I can survive for a while.

Make sure you come say WHATS UP at the Chicago expo!

---------

Docket_Rocket

I will!

Make sure you come say WHATS UP at the Chicago expo!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth,

the blog you cited a number of posts ago noted the slimmer toe box of the Sayonara.  One of the things I like about the Precision is the wide toe box.  I haven't tried the Sayonara on but, assuming it feels tight in the toes, what similar shoe would you recommend?  I've been in Precisions the last 3-4 yours.

Seth,

the blog you cited a number of posts ago noted the slimmer toe box of the Sayonara.  One of the things I like about the Precision is the wide toe box.  I haven't tried the Sayonara on but, assuming it feels tight in the toes, what similar shoe would you recommend?  I've been in Precisions the last 3-4 yours.

Thanks for reaching out WOLVMAR!

If looking for a bit more room (although I do not ind the Sayonara narrow personally) I'd go with the Wave Rider.  The reason Precision needed to be discontinued was essentially the Wave Rider was becoming lighter/faster/better than the Wave Precision ever could have, and their just was no point in keeping it in our lineup.

The current Wave Rider 16 is just as roomy as Precision, and weights almost exactly the same as Precision 13 (less than 1/2 ounce).

That being said.... I'd stock up on a couple pair of Precision while you can, then try the new Wave Rider 17 which is due out in the Fall.  Which will be UNDER 9 OUNCES!  Some of my friends at Mizuno who are lucky enough to be a sample size have been running in it this summer, and are in love.... I'm jealous I'm an 11!

Let me know if I can help further!

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth,

Thanks for your reply.  I have actually ordered another pair of Wave Precision 11s this week.  That should get me to next year with the other two pairs Ive been rotating.  Then, I htink I'll try the Wave Rider or Sayonara.

Great having you on this forum.  For loyal Mizuno customers like me, it's great to understand whats going on at the company.

Seth,

Thanks for your reply.  I have actually ordered another pair of Wave Precision 11s this week.  That should get me to next year with the other two pairs Ive been rotating.  Then, I htink I'll try the Wave Rider or Sayonara.

Great having you on this forum.  For loyal Mizuno customers like me, it's great to understand whats going on at the company.

Whoa! Where did you find some Precision 11's??

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

found them on amazon.com.  good price too (at least I think); $60

So the Sayonara is neutral, but supposed to replace the lightweight stability Elixir?  How does that follow?

So the Sayonara is neutral, but supposed to replace the lightweight stability Elixir?  How does that follow?

Good question.  So Sayonara is a neutral shoe, without medial posting.. but it has more inherent stability than the Elixir ever did

---------

Running Guru

Hoping to get my Sayonaras next month, it's an anniversary gift!

Visit my blog:

The Running Father

PR's - 5K - 20:47 (2013) | 10K - 45:23 (2013)  | 13.1 - 1:53:44 (2013)  | 26.2 - N/A

2013 Goals - 1500 kms (897.22kms July'13) | sub20 5k | sub 45 10K  | sub 1:45 13.1 | 

Flatout 5k - 4/14/13 - 23:23

Tely 10(miles) - 7/28/13 - 1:14:46 PR

Up Next:

Provincial 5k - 9/8/13

Mudd Immortal 5k - 9/21/13

Coleman's Half Marathon - 10/6/13

Cape to Cabot 20k - 10/20/13