RunForth info (Read 96 times)

ooligan

Hello,

I've been using the RunForth app, (loved it and paid for ad free) but it is no longer available in the iTunes Store, and I can't find any contact information for them anymore. Do you know if it is still supported / available?

Thank you for any information!

probably not fast enough

I used runforth a few years ago, but unfortunately it usually had issues after IOS updates, so I switched to Strava free, and I have had no problems.  I do have to download strava/upload runningahead a gpx for each run, which is annoying, but at least it works.  I also occasionally enjoy the segments feature on Strava, so it's a good combo for me.

ooligan

Thanks - hoping I don’t have to switch but with the new iOS update RunForth has stopped working — well it works until I try to save my run, then it crashes.  In the past I would send an email to the creator and they would resolve quickly.

With strava can you do everything from your phone or does the fox need to be downloaded to a computer ? (Is it fairly straight forward?)

thanks!

I used runforth a few years ago, but unfortunately it usually had issues after IOS updates, so I switched to Strava free, and I have had no problems.  I do have to download strava/upload runningahead a gpx for each run, which is annoying, but at least it works.  I also occasionally enjoy the segments feature on Strava, so it's a good combo for me.

ooligan

My RunForth is working again! I really love this app.

probably not fast enough

That's great !  I loved runforth; it was very convenient.  In case you ever want to switch, the answer to your question is yes, you must log into strava on your computer, download a gpx file for your completed run, then upload it to runningahead, all of which is easy, but more annoying than your current runforth setup.  In exchange for the increased inconvenience, strava has a couple features that are neat:  Flybys is a feature on the website that shows a sort-of animated playthrough of your run and all other strava users who were recording in the area while you were out.  It's pretty cool, like I'll finish a run, open the strava flybys thing, and see other people who were out there, sometimes who I crossed paths with.  Can be neat.  Another feature is Segments, which are designated routes (usually a mile or less) that you encounter out on the run.... when you run through them, it posts your result in comparison with others, which can be motivating, or whatever.  It's also a social site, so you can follow others and give kudos for each activity, which also can be neat.  Best wishes!