Running during hunting season (Read 907 times)

do you know if the guy got charged? you'd think reckless use of a firearm or something at least. the cop probably knew the hunter and was looking for someone else to blame for the situation. he probably spent the rest of the day telling some woman who was raped that she should not have been wearing such a purty dress.
    They never located the guy. I think when he realized there was a person so close, he bailed on his deer and ran off. I'm guessing the police didn't try very hard to locate him either.

Feeling the growl again

Ghetto would be a more appropriate term for Jackson than backwoods. In towns like that, unless someone is actually injured the cops generally seem to find some reason not to have to do anything. I was openly assaulted twice while running in a similar area and both times the cops went out of their way not to get involved. I still am dumbfounded by anyone who manages to shoot at something that is a person and think it is something else. In my two decades of hunting I have never misidentified something and pointed a weapon at it. If you are any kind of ethical hunter you are aiming at a specific point on an animal -- not vague noise, movement, or shape in the bushes. Apparently these people are and that is when problems begin. This is why I do not hunt public land in the midwest. MTA: If memory serves, you cannot A) hunt within 500 feet of a dwelling without permission of the landowner, and B) I believe there is a minimum acreage requirement to hunt with a firearm. Additionally, if it was inside city limits I guarantee there was a local ordinance against discharge. Throw in the shooting at a house part, and you're looking at a minumum of 4-5 misdemeanors.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ghetto would be a more appropriate term for Jackson than backwoods.
        I see you've been there too Big grin Big grin
        obsessor

Be sure of your target and what is beyond, folks. I agree, there are way too many damn fools out there who don't represent hunting very well.