Peachtree road race 2008 (Read 550 times)

Life is Good

It's that time of year again in Georgia for this wonderful race! I know this is late notice but if there is anyone out here ( in the metro area) that has a number for this race but cant go..could you let me know..I have a friend who didn't make it in the race this year but is willing to pay for the number of someone who did get in but can't run. please feel free to e-mail me at: jhixson@coweta.ga.us. Thanks and good luck to those of you running tomorrow Cool Jamie

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

What was up with that uphill finish & post race???? If there were swag tents and refreshements somewhere, I missed it while being herded along. I saw some tents off to the side, but they were behind some large fences with very few people going in - as if (it appeared from a distance) you had to have credentials to get in. Strange. Otherwise, great race!! Good shirt this year too.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, the fenced-off food booths were strange. Some of the portajohns were padlocked, to. What's up with that? I though it got pretty hot and humid after Cardiac Hill and that bonus hill at the finish was tough. 50:30, and I was hoping for sub-50 to be seeded 1A next year. Oh well, 1B is almost as good.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Scott3294

This was my first 10k (I prefer 5Ks). I was not crazy about the entire last 3 miles being up hill. I did it in 47:30 but was not really happy with it but oh well...there is always next year. Also, I thought he post race activities or lack there of were pretty lame.
          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

It was my 19th consecutive P'tree. Time of 52:30. Have not run for time in about 10 years. Goal time of 51:00. The last .5 mile change from a downhill to rolling hills. P'tree is probably an 8 out 10 for difficulty. 55,000 runners. It's a party. The gated areas were for ATL TRACK CLUB AND ATL JOURNAL AND CONSTITUTION EMPOYEES ( race sponsors). I enjoyed the band. www.atlantatrackclub.org/pdf/08prr-elevation.pdf

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The booths were for the Gay Pride festival.
              Yeah, the fenced-off food booths were strange.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My sister amd I at P'tree Congratulations on your accomplishment at the Peachtree Road Race. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.marathonfoto.com/index.cfm?RaceOID=16902008S1&LastName=CLAY&BibNumber=16885&Mailing=15774

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter