An All Santa 5K race (brief report for a partial team daddyo) (Read 618 times)

Go Pre!

Everyone dressed as Santa? Yes, everyone. In lieu of race shirts, we all got Santa outfits, complete with pants, coat, hat, belt and beards. Wild and whacky! 1500 Santas running around town. What a site. You could NOT run this race if you didn't wear your suit. The weather turned out a few degrees warmer than we thought it would be and we ended up feeling pretty warm in those suits! Just 3 of our gang ran this one, myself, my daughter and her best friend, Mrs Daddyo and little Cam volunteered. Daughter Sarah (15) finished 1st in her 15-20 age group with a time of 20:10 (she ran with her friend - they finshed 3rd, 4th female overall) I was 2nd Master 4 seconds behind her. Hat and beard finally had to come off! We both hoped to go under 20 yesterday but found it a bit of a task running in the suits! click - for a short you-tube-video-clip somebody took just before the start Oh, that elusive sub 20 5K I thought I'd hit this year Sad
      Santa's running must have been quite a sight indeed. Good job on her part not looking down to stop the watch, and nice race as well
      bhearn

Wow, that's crazy! Pretty cool. I can't imagine running a race in a Santa suit. And 1500 of them, wow, what a sight that must have been. I did narrowly avoid getting beat by a Santa last year in a 5M race. He passed me towards the end -- which was quite a surprise for me; I turned in a 31:43, so he was moving -- but I managed to pass him back. Then there was the flapjack that ran the 5K at the Eugene Marathon this year in 17:34, for 4th place:
          That sounds like a blast, and since everybody was a Santa it's a level playing field. Sorry the weather wasn't a bit more cooperative though. Reminds me of the year my ex-wife made a great halloween costume for my daughter, planning for cool temps. It was ridiculously warm and humid that night, and my poor overheated daughter came home after knocking on three or four doors.
          Oh, that elusive sub 20 5K I thought I'd hit this year Sad
          You've put in so many miles, that you'll kill 20:00 when you take some down time and let your legs recover. Uh Dave, you ARE planning some downtime aren't you?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

JimR

And then there was the Speedo Run. Nice job, Dave!

Go Pre!

You've put in so many miles, that you'll kill 20:00 when you take some down time and let your legs recover. Uh Dave, you ARE planning some downtime aren't you?
              Downtime? I'm confused.
                Downtime? I'm confused.
                Well, ya know, like a cutback, like...a couple months with only one marathon?

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Go Pre!

Well, ya know, like a cutback, like...a couple months with only one marathon?
                  ya got me, a smile broke out here. for a second. Smile
                    That looked like a great race. All Santas. I love the idea. Big grin You guys did great.