*squeals* (Read 702 times)

That's next weekend.
    Oops, my bad. Blush I won't make the mistake twice though, I'll be able to remember two days after Pi day. Clowning around

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

It will be nice to have my cotton hanky along on my runs to wipe sweat from my face, too, instead of using it as a snot-rag. Blush
      Or not having to put Vaseline under my eyes to avoid the stinging from constant tears caused by the wind! How many times have I forgotten it's there and smeared my gloves through it. Tongue
        60s...man, I don't remember what that feels like. I'm gonna feel naked once we hit 50s and I start baring my legs and arms again.
        I felt exactly like this running in Florida yesterday. Shorts and my RA running tank! I couldn't believe how much lighter and faster I felt not wearing 17 layers of clothing. I go back to snow in Missouri in a few days. Cry I just have to remember that all the winter training is going to make me a better, faster runner in the spring. Smile Right? Wink
        HOSS1961

Ran in the rain yesterday in Virginia but also short sleeves and shorts...63 degrees. Sorry for your weather. The days of winter clothes are fast ending around here. I have the long stuff on only once the last week. Wink
          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just have to remember that all the winter training is going to make me a better, faster runner in the spring. Smile Right? Wink
            That is the ONLY thing that keeps me going out in this crap... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

On the weather front, I can see grass (such as it is) in my back yard for the first time since November. Yuck.
              We still have 3 to 4 feet of snow in our back yard, which is much better than the front yard which is still around 5 feet in the lowest spots. The snow banks are still above window height, although the snow bank right in front of the house (from roof run off) has moved about a foot farther away than it has been which is good.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We're getting a nice little melt going! It's been in the 30s and 40s for the past couple of days, which has been great. It was supposed to rain all day, but that hasn't happened, so I got a nice late morning 15 miler in some quite wonderful weather. Then I spent 20 minutes breaking the 3 inches of ice up that's on my driveway and hurling 20 and 30 pound blocks of it over the 6 foot snowbanks. Still plenty out there, but I was hungry after having been running for 2 hours so I came inside.
                Blaine - DS, being a teenager, slept through all the non-rain weather and waited until after 3 pm to run. So he got to run 12 miles in the rain! I think he'd do the same thing over again, though - he likes his sleep.

Another Passion

I felt exactly like this running in Florida yesterday. Shorts and my RA running tank! I couldn't believe how much lighter and faster I felt not wearing 17 layers of clothing. I go back to snow in Missouri in a few days. Cry I just have to remember that all the winter training is going to make me a better, faster runner in the spring. Smile Right? Wink
                  You KNOW it! I've told myself that for 3 months now, especially this past Saturday when my eyelids were freezing shut from running into a wind-driven snow out of the north. Big grin - see, even the grinning smiley face is squinting at the thought of that!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

You KNOW it! I've told myself that for 3 months now, especially this past Saturday when my eyelids were freezing shut from running into a wind-driven snow out of the north. Big grin - see, even the grinning smiley face is squinting at the thought of that!
                    Heehee...I had ice build-up on my eyelashes this morning. It actually got so thick it was blocking my vision so I had to take my hands out of my cozy gloves and de-ice them! Darned daylight savings! Big grin