Injured: will cycling help me keep at least some fitness (Read 1129 times)

I just stick with the standard 3 miles bike = 1 mile run equation and try to look at the positive side... at least I can still train to maintain fitness, even if it's not running right now.
    sounds good to me, so if I go out for a 12 mile ride it's going to give me a similar workout to a 4 mile run............. now where are those bike lights Big grin
    sport jester

Biomimeticist

PF is easy to deal with, remove it from your running biomechanics. If you're a midfoot or forefoot runner, you're writing an invitation to PF and Achillies issues. If you land on your toes or mid foot, both, your calf muscles and Achilles Tendon are integrated in absorbing your landing. Your calves have to fire for a second time upon foot strike, to slow down your heel hitting the ground. And from that point your calves and Plantar tendons then have to fire to push your body in push off. Well that means that your calves are firing three times for every step you take. Being a heel strike runner means that your PF plays no impact role. Your foot is only to assist in balance as you move forward. And upon push off, your calf muscles only have to fire once... Your issues are directly related to how inefficient you run.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong