They just don't feel right (Read 772 times)

she runs like a girl

I am currently running in Asics Nimbus 9's and I have been for about 3 months but they still don't feel just quite right. They almost feel like they are just too much shoe for me.

I am female with pretty normal arches but they are leaning a little towards the low side. I weight just under 110lbs and I slightly under pronate.

Any suggestions for shoes that may be more suited for me?

I am considering going to a running store for a fitting but I fear that I will feel pressured to purchase shoes from the sometimes over priced dealers.

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

I am currently running in Asics Nimbus 9's and I have been for about 3 months but they still don't feel just quite right. They almost feel like they are just too much shoe for me.

I am female with pretty normal arches but they are leaning a little towards the low side. I weight just under 110lbs and I slightly under pronate.

Any suggestions for shoes that may be more suited for me?

I am considering going to a running store for a fitting but I fear that I will feel pressured to purchase shoes from the sometimes over priced dealers.

Go to one of those over-priced speciality running stores that hopefully have some experienced help working and find a pair you like. Rather than buying a pair, tell them you want to think about it. Then, see if they are cheaper somwhere else. Like RoadRunnerSports.com

Shoes are like pizza. What I like you may not necessarily like. I wear the Nimbus 10's and am on my second pair. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Oops, I thought this was the thread about fake boobs.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AnneCA

Go to one of those over-priced speciality running stores that hopefully have some experienced help working and find a pair you like. Rather than buying a pair, tell them you want to think about it. Then, see if they are cheaper somwhere else. Like RoadRunnerSports.com

Or, better still, buy the pair that the experienced sales people spent their time and energy fitting you with, to compensate them for their effort.   I guess I just don't get why you wouldn't want to pay for good advice that gets you in a shoe that makes you happy and keeps you running.  It's one thing, I suppose, if you don't trust the advice they're giving you, but the experienced staff at a quality running store earns their mark-up.

That said, once I find a model that works for me, I have been known to shop around for those every-couple-of-months replacements online.  But I'm happy my local running store is still in business for when I want or need help picking a new model. 

Best Present Ever

Or, better still, buy the pair that the experienced sales people spent their time and energy fitting you with, to compensate them for their effort.   I guess I just don't get why you wouldn't want to pay for good advice that gets you in a shoe that makes you happy and keeps you running.  It's one thing, I suppose, if you don't trust the advice they're giving you, but the experienced staff at a quality running store earns their mark-up.

That said, once I find a model that works for me, I have been known to shop around for those every-couple-of-months replacements online.  But I'm happy my local running store is still in business for when I want or need help picking a new model. 

I buy from my local running store, but stock up when they have sales.  Also, our store gives a small discount, usually 10%,  for just about anything, (being faculty, being a student, running in a race, joining a training group) and doesn't end up being that much more expensive than other stories for shoes. Gear can be quite a bit more, but I still try to buy from them because I like to buy from independent, locally owned stores if I can.  Plus, I don't know if other stores are like this, but you can drop and talk to the owner about your training, your injury, your upcoming race, whatever.  He or his wife will drop everything and spend hours giving advice or encouragement.   That's worth supporting. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oops, I thought this was the thread about fake boobs.

I don't think you should try to buy a matching pair of those online after getting fitted locally.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

she runs like a girl

I don't have a problem buying from a store when the staff is well informed and the products are fairly priced but the only running store in my area is a large chain store.

There is a local shoe store that I like to support because it is family owned and my boyfriend is friends with this family. However, they sell all sorts of shoes and don't really specialize in running yet they will order in any pair of shoes for a discount price.

Would it be wrong for me to be sized and recieve advice from the chain store and buy from my local family owned business?

And this thread has nothing to do with fake breasts- mine are just fine they way they are, thanks

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

Would it be wrong for me to be sized and recieve advice from the chain store and buy from my local family owned business?

And this thread has nothing to do with fake breasts- mine are just fine they way they are, thanks

NOPE -- You can buy your shoes from where ever you want.....and just because someone sized you and you decided not to buy them -- well, that just happens.......  I have been sized, picked out shoes changed my mind and then bought them from a web order warehouse........that's business and them's the breaks....

I prefer to support the local store and if I knew someone or the owner, I'm more inclined to support them but when they want to sell me a pair of shoes for $115 and i can get them on line or somewhere else for $70, well its a pretty easy decision for me.

All this breast talk lately --- every now and then I have to check to see if I'm still in RA or if I popped into some other web site by mistake -- I get embarrased ----- Im kind of shy ---

Champions are made when no one is watching