Improvement rocks (Read 401 times)

consistency + miles over time = improvement Case in point.......... In May of this year I ran 104.5 miles for a total time of 25:38:46 In June of this year I ran 110.8 miles in 26:39:26...only an hour more for 6.3 more miles. In August I ran 115.8 miles (my longest distance per month to date) in 25:52:01. In April I ran 88.9 miles in 23:21:33 and in July I ran 107.8 miles in 23:25:55 4 more minutes for 18.9 more miles! Moral of the story.............I didn't realize I was making improvement until I looked at the numbers today because my runs don't FEEL any harder than they were 3 months ago but the numbers tell the whole story. To those of you struggling with your pace and thinking of giving up..............DON'T!!! Make sure you are consistent in your runs, get those miles in, and improvement will slowly follow on it's own. PS. I've been running for 4 years and this is the most improvement I've ever been able to see.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Hawt and sexy

See what happens when you become one of us? Big grin Good job babe.

I'm touching your pants.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Terie, just wait until cooler Fall weather kicks in, too. I have discovered after 3 Summers of running that sometimes it feels like I am getting nowhere fast...then the temps and humidity drop even just a little and it's like someone put "something" in my Gatorade. I can drop a minute/mile and with no added effort. Good stuff. All your hard work the last few months will definitely pay off. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Willa!!!!! That means a lot coming from you! I figured there must be something to this whole running more miles more consistently. Big grin
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
            Yes I can't wait! It's finally starting to cool off down here so I'm excited to see what my easy pace will be this winter. Clowning around