Video: First person to run a marathon without talking about it (Read 195 times)

Mysecondnewname

Very funny - thanks!

DantheMan

+1

-Find your happy pace.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Love it!

BeeRunB

thumbs up, on the money

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

But if it's not on the facebook, it didn't happen right?

I've kind of come full circle on this line of humor.  I may never run another marathon. But, you know, running a marathon is hard. If the promise of a few pats on the back gets you out the door for a 2-hour run, I'm ready with my pat on the back or "like" or what have you.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I didn't really think it was funny. Not because I don't see a source of humor in marathoners not shutting up about their marathons. But because the joke kind of ends there - you can turn it into a clever one-liner or meme, but not sure why someone took the trouble to make a 3-minute video about it. I thought it worked out as well as most of the SNL sketches they've tried to turn into movies.

Dave

BeeRunB

x

mikeymike

x

Speaking of x, and marathons, and the facebooks ... it turns out my most popular post ever on the facebooks, as measured in likes and comments, was this photo of x, the day he broke 3 hours for the first time:

Runners run

Joann Y

Speaking of x, and marathons, and the facebooks ... it turns out my most popular post ever on the facebooks, as measured in likes and comments, was this photo of x, the day he broke 3 hours for the first time:

All that and a bag of chips. That's a fantastic photo.

I look my best blurry!

Love it!