Considering trying out a new shoe... (Read 539 times)

I have been rotating the Brooks Adrenaline and the Mizuno Wave Inspire.  I am not sure I like the GTS 10 as much as I liked the 9.  I am getting ready to order another couple of pairs of shoes.  Any thoughts on something comparable?  I also have considered getting something lighter/faster for tempo runs and races.  Thoughts on that would be welcome as well. 

Preferably, I need shoes that come in EE width, or have a relatively roomy mid-foot and forefoot.

"I aim to misbehave."

Not that you have to buy them there, but Running Warehouse has a new "Shoefitr" thingie that compares the fits of various shoes (that they've spec'ed, anyway).  You can view it in 2D or 3D, the latter being color-coded to show the difference between the shoe you're looking at and whatever reference shoe you've inputted.

So you could plug in your Inpires, for example, and see how other shoes' fit compares to them in the heel, midfoot, forefoot, or toe.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I rotate Adrenaline GTS and Saucony Progrid Omni and find them comparable.  Omni 8's are currently on sale at runningwarehouse so you could try a pair fairly cheaply.