Locale issue (timezone) (Read 283 times)

RobUSVI

I live in a locale (US Virgin Islands) with a timezone of GMT-4 year round.  We do not follow daylight savings.  Half of the year we are on the same time as Eastern US and the other half of the year we are one hour off of Eastern US.  (Eastern US changes, not us.)  I've tried a few different GMT-4 options under settings (Canada, Santiago, etc) but they all seem to adjust for daylight savings, putting my workout times an hour into the future for 1/2 of the year.  Is there a fix for this, or am I doing something incorrect?

In most applications, when I choose my timezone, I select GMT-4, and click a checkbox that disables daylight savings.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any option to disable DST on runningahead.

The data that I am saving is coming from a Garmin 310xt via Garmin Connect.  When I upload to other applications, the time is correct, thus I do not believe the issue is with Garmin.

eric :)

RobUSVI,

I wasn't aware of VI not observing daylight savings.  I'll research the proper handling of this situation and fix it for the next major release.

eric :-)