DVDs/Videos to watch when running on treadmill (Read 1174 times)

Can anyone recommend a site where I can purchase some DVDs/videos of nice scenery to watch when running on a treadmill? I'm looking for something that runs through and over various terrain (hills, mountains, trails, beaches, city streets,etc) and it would be a moving picture where it feels like I'm actually running in the scene? I tried googling this and couldn't find anything.
    Ben Running

Can anyone recommend a site where I can purchase some DVDs/videos of nice scenery to watch when running on a treadmill? I'm looking for something that runs through and over various terrain (hills, mountains, trails, beaches, city streets,etc) and it would be a moving picture where it feels like I'm actually running in the scene? I tried googling this and couldn't find anything.
      This says for biking but it's a start: http://www.amazon.com/Tacx-Interactive-Virtual-Reality-Training/dp/B001NRP1H6
        wow. with biking scenery you would feel really fast.

Ben Running

wow. with biking scenery you would feel really fast.
          LOL I was thinking that when i posted the link
            Thanks!! I'll check it out. I'd rather feel fast than slow Shocked
              you could get stoned and then run with those awesome videos taken from helicopters as they fly over scenic places. I could watch those for hours. Running right over the top of the Alps and then over Rome would be nice. Or running across the channel, over the cliffs of Dover and straight on up to the crags of Scotland. What a run!

xor

Watch out if you choose to view point-of-view scenery thingies, like driving/biking down a winding road. If you are like me, you'll unconsciously brace and lean into the turns. Eventually, you'll drift to the side of the treadmill, plant on the non-moving platform instead of the belt, and YOIPS off the back you go. (edited to add: actually, you'll stumble and/or shoot forward, but then you'll try to correct, and that's what will make you fall and shoot off the back)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know what would be kick-ass is if they strapped a camera to Geb's shoulder and recorded some races. I'd buy a DVD of that. Then, you could run on a treadmill and have the visual perspective of someone who's actually fast.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Menace to Sobriety

Maybe a continuous loop of the last 10 minutes of "2001: A Space Odyssey.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Watch out if you choose to view point-of-view scenery thingies, like driving/biking down a winding road. If you are like me, you'll unconsciously brace and lean into the turns. Eventually, you'll drift to the side of the treadmill, plant on the non-moving platform instead of the belt, and YOIPS off the back you go. (edited to add: actually, you'll stumble and/or shoot forward, but then you'll try to correct, and that's what will make you fall and shoot off the back)
                      Yeah, tried running on the TM while watching a MotoGP race the other day... almost crashed myself!
                        If you google "runnervals", they have some good choices also.
                        Happy Running,
                        Troy
                        "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"