LL Bean 4th of July 10K (with free NB 1063 for first 400) - Freeport, ME (Read 1080 times)

Don't know how long this has been posted or how many have registered, but it's hard to beat a nice pair of neutral cushioned trainers for an $18.00 entry fee. If you're planning to run it but don't wear neutral shoes, I'm an 8.5 D. Clowning around Race details

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Holy crap 18 bucks for that!! Not too shabby. Wish I was around. Plan to blow out my quads the week before doing the Cranmore Hill Climb. Way out of my league in that race.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's a fun race. Last year, DS ran it and I volunteered. Kind of hilly. The shoes were good!
          It's a fun race. Last year, DS ran it and I volunteered. Kind of hilly. The shoes were good!
          Theresa -- Its over 2.5 hrs from me....so if I sign up -- will you pick up my shoes???/

Champions are made when no one is watching

Right on Hereford...

My wife and I were on vacation in New England in 2007 and we both ran this race. She was pregnant and ran sub-50. I ran the PR I didn't expect to get. Good race!
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Theresa -- Its over 2.5 hrs from me....so if I sign up -- will you pick up my shoes???/
              I would if I were sure we would be running or volunteering at the race! I'm not signing us up yet because I don't know. We may be at our cabin that weekend. You could ask Blaine (RunToWin) if he's doing it!
                I would if I were sure we would be running or volunteering at the race! I'm not signing us up yet because I don't know. We may be at our cabin that weekend. You could ask Blaine (RunToWin) if he's doing it!
                Well in that case, can I bring my family up and we'll all go to your cabin together -- were fun out-doorsy types of people and we like camping...... JUST KIDDING of course-- I'm almost tempted to run this race --- would have to leave my house at about 3:30 or 4:00 to get there on time - but I currently run in NB 1062 so the next shoe for me is the NB 1063.......... BUT - my wife already thinks I'm crazy, crazed, possessed and radical..so If I said I were going to leave our house to drive 2.5 hrs to run a race for shoes -- and then come back........I'm guessing she would have me committed (she just doesn't understand) -- in my next life I will marry a running chick.. Big grin

an amazing likeness

If you're serious, John, I can help you out with packet pick-up for you. I'll be there for the race. But you ought to just come and run it, and bring your family -- there's lots to do that day in Freeport, pancake breakfast, parade, shopping, fireworks, etc, etc.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

FYI - If you didn't register by noon yesterday, then you are out of luck on the shoes. As of this morning there were 550 people registered, so another 150 will get the free shirt.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Freeport's a lot of fun - your family would have a good time!
                        If you're serious, John, I can help you out with packet pick-up for you. I'll be there for the race. But you ought to just come and run it, and bring your family -- there's lots to do that day in Freeport, pancake breakfast, parade, shopping, fireworks, etc, etc.
                        Thanks Milk -- your way to kind - I don't think I would actually ask someone to pick up shoes and send them to me.....least not unless it was tongue in cheek......... For me to get there for a 7:30am start time, I would need to leave my house at about 3:30 or 4:00am -- that would get me to Freeport by 6:30 or so, and only give me an hour to park, find the place - get my number/running packet and all....... It seems like a little bit of a stretch to me..........BUT - I have to be honest, I'm tempted to come to the race cause I checked it out in the net, and it looks like a great event. I've been to Freeport (its great up there)..... Trying to talk my son into coming with me......cause it does look like fun.....and if you also get a top of the line pair of shoes (that just happens to be the shoes that I run in), I guess that just makes it all the better....... I dont know -- Got to think about it............How long do you think until the first 400 have entered and how many run in this race Milk??

FYI - If you didn't register by noon yesterday, then you are out of luck on the shoes. As of this morning there were 550 people registered, so another 150 will get the free shirt.
                          LOL -- guess that rules out the shoes.......see if I can talk my family into a little 4th of July weekend trip to the area tho.........still sounds like fun..........who knows, maybe someone will have woman's size 7B and don't like them and will give them to me.......LOL

an amazing likeness

John, About 920 runners in last year's version. Figure about 20 minutes for park, pee, packet pickup..max.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

John, if you go, make sure to visit Wolfe Neck Woods State Park. It's a short walk through the woods to beautiful coastline. There's an osprey nest on an island right off shore that's cool to see. It's one of my favorite parks.

And... The shirts are gone now. Over 700 registered as of this morning.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)