Good news for Olympics watching (Read 1074 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

jules2

My oldest daughter is going abroad for July and as she lives in Central London I'm "looking after" her house, l will wave at any camera I see so look out for me as I will wear my Swamp top. The house is about 15 minutes walk from the Road Race and Triathlon course so I can watch Cavendish win Gold and the Brownlee brothers Gold and Silver

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Awesome, really looking forward to watching EVERYTHING this year.

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

#artbydmcbride

My oldest daughter is going abroad for July and as she lives in Central London I'm "looking after" her house, l will wave at any camera I see so look out for me as I will wear my Swamp top. The house is about 15 minutes walk from the Road Race and Triathlon course so I can watch Cavendish win Gold and the Brownlee brothers Gold and Silver

Can I bring my cat when I come stay?

Runners run

jules2

All these years and you wouldn't let me know where you live and now you want to come round to mine with your cat! As its a special occasion here's the post code SW1A 1AA put it in Google Earth so you can find your way, when you get to the front door ask for Lizzie but watch out for the Corgi's

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You have a cat?

Doc, my tooth hurts

Everything will be streamed live

Can I remind everyone what an awesome time we are living in?

Loves the outdoors

That sounds awesome. I love watching an entire event to feel the drama of it all. However, I'm sceptical that we'll get access to this here in NZ. We're frustratingly behind the times when it comes to this type of thing.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Imminent Catastrophe

Of course but you have to put the cat in quarantine...yesterday.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's not a cat, it's a rabbit. See the ears?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Rabbits don't have to be quarantined, right?

Runners run

xor

You can't catch me cause the rabbit done died.

jules2

That's not a cat, it's a rabbit. See the ears?

Here was me thinking it was a Cabbit.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

That sounds awesome. I love watching an entire event to feel the drama of it all. However, I'm sceptical that we'll get access to this here in NZ. We're frustratingly behind the times when it comes to this type of thing.

Likely the streaming broadcast will be geographically restricted -- only people in the USA will be able to watch.  Kinda of like ComedyCentral or sometimes YouTube.

I suggest looking into getting Tor setup.  It's not too complicated.  But basically, you route all your traffic through a scrambling system of servers.  You hit an entry point in NZ (imagine HTTP Proxy Server) and the system relays your request to a end point (think another proxy server) in another geographic location -- thus making the website think you are actually in the USA making the request (because the end-point proxy is in the USA).  

I set this up for a Brit friend who wanted to watch BBC's DoctorWho while staying in the USA. 

Make sure to test it with ComedyCentral or something, to be sure you have everything set up correctly by the time the Games roll around.  Good luck!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Loves the outdoors

Thanks Stadjak! I'm not super technical, but I'll have a try at getting this to work. It would be great to get this working.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.