Weather not populating (Read 120 times)

CharlesTaylor

Can't find the solution.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I've just started entering it manually.  I already have the edit run screen open to add my shoes; it takes only a couple of seconds to add the weather.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Efes

I've just started entering it manually.  I already have the edit run screen open to add my shoes; it takes only a couple of seconds to add the weather.

If you do it as soon as your are done - then you are absolutely correct. Now for me, it's not everyday I update RA and it becomes a dull thing to look for how the weather was 2, 3 or 5 days ago.

/Efes

It was a nice feature and I suspect when Eric gets time he can solve the issue.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Efes

Anybody knows if Eric is aware of this issue and is working on it?
              I've tried to msg him but there is no reply there either :-( I hope he's alright and "just" busy.

My question, too!

Anybody knows if Eric is aware of this issue and is working on it?
                I've tried to msg him but there is no reply there either :-( I hope he's alright and "just" busy.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Checking in to see if we can get the weather working again. Thanks! Love the service!

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

jsfuller

Checking in to see if we can get the weather working again. Thanks! Love the service!

My sentiments, too!

I always knew when it was time to make another annual payment because my weather would stop working. Big grin

mk885

Hi

any way to get weather to start populating again?

thanks

mike

runmichigan

The weather not being automatically loaded is impacting all of us. - those who have made the minimal donation and those who have not.  There is no action an individual user of RA can take to get weather to automatically load.

This site is supported by one person - Eric.  He keeps it up to date in his spare time.  He utilizes various APIs and services - some costing $ and some that are free.  For the weather to populate automatically he has to extract the location of the run and the time of run from the TCX or FIT file and send them to the weather service to get the weather from the closest weather station for that time.  It sound relatively simple, but clearly is not.  I trust he will restore if he can.  Right now I check my phone weather app and manually input it.

I know we all have gotten use to Eric providing an excellent suite of features for free so when one disappears we are surprised.

I understand if it has gotten to burdensome for Eric to get the weather programming to work.  If he could tell us what the situation is, then we could move on and develop our own system for looking it up and putting it in.  My weather shows up on Garmin Connect and Strava, so I just go look at that and put in in RA.  Not as good as it was when it automatically populated, but at least I can put it in there.

jsfuller

"My weather shows up on Garmin Connect and Strava, so I just go look at that and put in in RA"

I like this solution. The information is available and it does not burden Eric. Thanks for the idea!