Defyance 2 vs Defyance (Read 473 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm getting to the end of my second pair of Brooks Defyance and when I went to reorder, I saw that they've been discontinued.  Any Defyance wearers that can recommend what they went to?  How does the Defyance 2 compare?  Any insight is appreciated.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I have both the original Green Defyance and a couple of pairs of Defyance 2's.  Except for the color I find very little differance between them and have been very happy with the newer version.  I surprisingly miss the green color in the original one's.  I did not like the color when I bought them but they kind of grew on me.  The newer one's seem boring in comparision. 
      theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks for that.  I'm curious if you (or anyone else) can compare the Defyance line with the Ghost line?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I have both Ghost and Defyance I's, and I prefer the Defyance. Don't get me wrong, the Ghost is fine, a little lighter too.

The Ghost wears too much in the forefoot just beneath my meta-tarsals though. There is too much gap between the segments of rubber there.

I am about to retire both Ghost and Defyance. Earlier in the year, I bought 2 more pair of Defyance before they were gone. One pair I put about 60+ miles on, and stuck 'em under the bed for when I retire the present ones. The other pair are new and sitting beside them.

I recently purchased the new Launch, and they are superior to both. So now I have 2 new pair of Defyance I's,

and 1 pair of the Launch to rotate. I wanted to try the new Defyance II's and Ghosts II's, but with the release of the Launch, I see myself ordering them when these 3 are retired.

So to answer your question, I'd order the Defyance II's and a pair of Launch.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka