Suunto T1 (Read 487 times)

Last week I went to the Swimming Pool with my daugherts. After the Swimm I saw that my Suunto T1 had Water under the Display. The next day I took it to the Suunto dealer. He sent my Watch to Suunto and a yesterday Suunto sent me a brand new Suunto T1c.

Just wanted to say what a great Service.....

I am really glad that you enjoyed yoru Suunto T1. I have a T3... I have done swimming with it.. and running and biking, including mountain biking with it...

but really.. as a product.. it really really sucked... here's why....

have you seen the display? The display is not mineral crystal.. its plastic.. and it will get scratched easily... I fell off my mountain bike.. and unfortunately, i scratched it up quite badly.. that means, that i can't get to see some of the characters very clearly... example.. the display for the TE status. That fact that my eyes are growing old with Presbyopia doesn't help at all, the displays on the tiny T3 screen with the tiny numbers and letters..

Its not that user-friendly, as the methodlogy around the menus.. chaotic..

I also have the PC POD.. and its TERRIBLE!!

More heart ache... The original heart strap broke.. when i glued it back, it gave way on the other side... Sad Mind you, I not a very heavy set person, I weight 75 kg... and after awhile.. the rubber watch strap snapped as well, all of this, when the watch was with me for less than 2 years.

Why I liked it and am still using it until the T6C arrives (yes, another suunto)... well, all this while after spending all that $$$ on the accessories, it would be expensive to start on another brand again, as I've got a GPS as well as the footpod.

The foot pod is pretty accurate...

Why am I getting the new T6C then ?

well.. its got MINERAL GLASS as a display cover.. (yeaa... toughness at last!) and a build in PC pod... (hopefully, those guys at Suunto got it right with the syncro software).. and most of all, a new heart rate strap which looks alot more comfortable and durable.. i believe in the TE system that Suunto employs and it has helped me quite abit. Also, for the T6C.. it has some other measuring features called EPOC.

All said, if you do encounter problems with the Suunto products and pose a question for their support staff on the website, they do response well... the problem is.. sometimes, even though the support and the service is great.. but if the product is a lemon.. it will still leave a bitter taste to stomach...

My advice for all those who wanna start with any HRM watch or system.. think really carefully.. because once the choice is made.. and once you start getting accesories.. its going to be pretty $$ business to switch.