Any one running Steamtown in October? (Read 781 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Anything that gets me to Boston, so under 3:30:59. Training's going well so far, so I think I should have a good chance.
    Good for you! You looked really great in Andover last year, just a week after your marathon. You have to be a shoe in, especially on the Bay State course. I was also shooting for a BQ this fall (3:40 and change), but my times even on my training runs seem to be getting slower and slower - not sure what's going on.
      I was also shooting for a BQ this fall (3:40 and change), but my times even on my training runs seem to be getting slower and slower - not sure what's going on.
      I think it's kinda natural to be running a slow pace this time of year, I know the heat and humidity have me throttling back. I've just stuck with my Galloway plan, which uses "time on your feet" targets for weekday runs and distance for weekend long runs. If you undertrain properly Erica, you have to be a shoe in, especially on the Bay State course. (I've still got a couple of months to convince you that a 30 minute commute outweighs a double loop course Evil grin )

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.