Commuting runners (Read 699 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I love working at home! I can run anytime I want. But it means I have NO excuses for not running.
      I live about 5 miles from work, and run in once or twice a week. It's fairly rare that I take the most direct route in though, and I've managed to stretch it out to about 13 when I've been marathon training over summer. I usually don't go to that extreme though, and usually do between about 7 and 9. I also sometimes run home - usually when I'm running with my running club in the evening and the route goes fairly close to where I live I run up to the start of the run, do the run up to the point near home then run in from there. I use public transport or my bike the rest of the time (I don't have a car), so I just get the bus back home at the end of the day if I've run in in the morning. Apart from the showering time at the end, I've worked out that for me running is actually quicker than the bus, because the bus drops me off about a mile from where I need to be anyway so once I've waited for the bus, sat on the bus then walked across town I may as well run. Because I don't do it every day I don't have a problem with carrying extra clothes in one day or home the next, although it does mean I need to sit down and plan the logistics quite early in the week so I at least know when I have to take extra. My gym is very near work so I just leave clothes there, shower, and then go into work from there.
      wildchild

Carolyn

I live too far from work to run or bike - its about 35 miles, and 4000 ft elevation difference. But sometimes I do use running as a form of transportation, if I need to drop my car at the shop or get snow tires changed or something. I stop at the office first thing to drop off clothes and lunch, then go drop my car off and run back to the office, where we have a shower. Then in the afternoon I run back and get my car. I purposely pick a shop near the office so this works out.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

A is A

Sometimes I like to run in on the weekends. I have biked to work many times. It's about 6 miles. I have thought about commuting by running more often during the week but haven't yet. I mean, 12 miles in a day is nothing to sneeze at. At least not for a beginner like me. Happy running.