Marathon Tours - any one used them before? (Read 534 times)

I'm thinking about booking a package through Marathon Tours for this year's Stockholm Marathon (which has been sold out for a while now - I missed the registration by 1 day, and am now on the waiting list). I was curious if anyone has gone through them before for a race, and had any opinions to offer on the company - good or bad?

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't know about Marathon Tours but I will say that Stockholm is an awesome city to run in, I hope you get in!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Marathon Tours says that they have a number of entries left for Stockholm. But you have to book a minimum hotel stay of 4 nights through them, as well as your airfare. I'm going to think it over this weekend. Have you done the Stockholm Marathon before?

Imminent Catastrophe

No, I did the Midnatsloppet (Midnight Run) 10k once, even at 11pm the crowds were huge and insane, yelling and screaming, even little kids. And-what a beautiful place!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I just booked a Marathon tour for the Great Wall of China and was able to do airfare on my own. I had points, so I save about $1,000. It helps a bit. Everything else is going along as planned(visa'a and such) and from some sights people have been happy. Good luck Kathy
              I called up Marathon Tours yesterday, and booked my hotel, airfare, and entry for Stockholm. At least this way I'm guaranteed entry to run the marathon. I suppose I could have waited to hear back from the Stockholm Marathon to find out if I got in through the waiting list (2000 people on it), and then booked airfare and hotel on my own. But I didn't want to wait forever. I'm looking forward to it - this will be my first international marathon. Smile